So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's because I stopped reading two books at the same time. And Fußball WM is long-since over. And I'm not so lethargic anymore....:D :klingon:

StefanM likes this.
  2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished reading Star Trek Tos Disinherited by Peter david, Micheal Jan Friedman an Robert Greenberger . I like the fact it was a character driven story. I thought it was areally good story. I'm now re-reading Star Trek TNG Intellevore by Diane Duane.

Kilana2 likes this.
  3. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm currently reading Well of Souls. It's interesting to read about another Captain, Rachel Garrett. Unfortunately she didn't live long enough. But she is cherished by the Klingons.
    In the Prey novels the Enterprise C was mentioned for what happened at Narrendra III. So I wanted to get to know Captain Garrett a little bit better.
    I like the Lost Era novels. I hope there will be more of them one day.

4. marlboro

marlboro Guest

Well of Souls was sort of a mixed bag for me. There were some great things and some not so great things about it. I liked several of the crew and found their backstories interesting. The plots were intriguing, but there was too much going on to properly wrap up in one book. The captain seemed...unpleasant.

There were also some parts where I had no idea what was going on in the story. Not plot wise necessarily; I just couldn't understand what the author was describing on the page. I had the same problem with one of the her short stories in one of the anthologies.

I read two Captain's Table books: The Mist, and Fire Ship. Ive just started a Strange New Worlds book. I wish the SNW anthologies had a higher percentage of DS9 stories.

5. BuckBokaiLondonKings

BuckBokaiLondonKings Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Finished up the awesome VOY: Atonement and now I’m on to Titan: Fallen Gods by Michael Martin!

Kilana2 likes this.
  6. Reanok

I finished re-reading Star Trek TNG Intellevore by Diane Duane. I really liked this book alot. I wish Diane had written some more trek books.I like all of her Star trek books I've read over the years.

Kilana2 likes this.
  7. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I'm not mistaken there was a poster of the cover arts (without any text I think) which you got if you ordered the books via CC's own online shop.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dominion War: Book One.
    I finally get to see what the main ship was doing during that time. I always did find it odd that they were never mentioned in DS9.

9. Reanok

I started reading A fantasy novel The Dubious hills by Pamela C.Dean.

10. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: Stargazer: Oblivion by Michael Jan Friedman.
    I'm now reading Storm Front a Derrick Storm/Castle novel by "Richard Castle".

11. Reanok

I'm rreading a mystery Gypped by Carol Higgins Clark.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up Gunmetal Magic at work today, and started the digital edition Star Wars: Poe Dameron Vol1.: Black Squadron, written by Charles Soule, and art by Phil Noto. The first issue also features the backup story, SaBBotage, written and drawn by Chris Eliopoulos.

13. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still working to catch up on my reviews! Yesterday, I published my review of Voyager: The Farther Shore by Christie Golden. Sadly, I was pretty unimpressed. A lot of good ideas, but the execution was not enjoyable and there was a lack of follow-through. All in my opinion, of course.

Our Literary Treks interview with David Tilotta and Curt McAloney has been delayed a few days, so I'm taking my time with their book, Star Trek: Lost Scenes. There's so much here, I'm really loving how it's laid out. This is quickly becoming one of my favourite reference books.

14. Reanok

I found some MC. Beaton Hamish McBeth Books at a thrift shop I never erad before. I'm reading Death of a Prankster. I've really enjoyed reading this mystery series so far.

15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Dominion War: Book 3. Was going to read book 2 but it just seemed to be recaps of DS9 episodes.

16. marlboro

marlboro Guest

^ You may have already read them but Tales of the Dominion War and The Battle of Betazed are both worth a look if you are looking for more TNG Dominion War stories.

I read the last two IKS Gorkon books, and Ceremony of Losses.

Moving to some non Trek stuff next with The Good Soldier and The House of Silk.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
  17. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Finished ''God is not great'', unbelievable what people will do in the name of a God.

Now starting with Star Trek Q&A by KRAD

18. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

With the monthly sales looking like they are over, it opened up my wallet to other books that have caught my eye in the past that I have added to my wishlist. First one is The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard

19. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started The Secrets of Drearcliff Grange School by Kim Newman.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Books 3 and 4 are novelizations of the Dominion War arc, so there's a lot more to them than just recaps.