Snoke - speculation (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by RoJoHen, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Was that in The Clone Wars? I watched dozens of episodes in a row and now it's all kind of a jumble to me.

Kor

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, in the final arc.

Kor likes this.
  3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'm not getting on the "Snoke is Luke" bandwagon, but that would explain his speechless reaction at the end of the film. He's thinking, "Oh crap--Kylo's going to be here any minute!"

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

So we will need a 'Wizard of Oz' moment where Luke is operating the hologram from behind a curtain, and BB-8 pulls the curtain away.

"Pay no attention to the Jedi behind the curtain!"

"BB-8, I don't think we're on Jakku any more." :eek:

But seriously, if Snoke was just Luke's giant holographic puppet, that would mean he started this subterfuge back when he was still training the new Jedi, since Snome seduced Kylo Ren to the Dark Side of "The Force" at that time. I don't think that's plausible.

Kor

Gryffindorian likes this.
  5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

My 7 year old son said he believes that Rey is the new chosen one. The one to bring balance to the force.

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I doubt he's an Anakin Skywalker clone (for a number of reasons) and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a new character, but I'm not taking anyone's word on it. If Andy Serkis has even been told the full story, it means LucasArts trusts him to keep a straight face and not spoil anything, even if it means dishonesty when necessary.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The scars aren't coincidence, they're both the result of an artist making an asymmetrical design of a damaged head without infringing on the main facial features. The damage, or even the exact placement, itself isn't at all similar.

Shazam! likes this.
  8. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Its possible. To run from his mistakes do not hold with the character. He just gave up? I cant believe that of the Luke we all saw in the OT. If he was seduced by the darkside or decided to dabble in it he may have decided to leave once Kylo was turning and pulled the puppet strings from afar using a hologram as a Sith to train Kyklo. While created the hologram Luke either put the scars there on purpose in honor of his father or it was a subconscious thing.

Luke has been gone for years and the new order has risen in that same time. Why hasn't Luke ever decided to help stop them? It doesn't make sense. Its out of character for Luke to let something so horrific happen if he had the power to try and stop them.

Luke was to be a incorruptible Jedi I believe Lucas once said or a pure character so I really hope they aren't going to go the route I have explained. All the pieces are there if they want to go that route though.

9. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still holding out hope for Snoke as Plagueis. The way I see it is he survived Palpatine's attack and took years or maybe decades recovering and gathering his power. Perhaps he was far enough away or could shield himself from Palpatine in the Force somehow. I mean he was Palpatine's master so there had to be some tricks he didn't teach his apprentice.

I think the non-canon Plagueis novel by James Luceno said that Plagueis was moving toward trying to find a way to become immortal. And if we went with that, maybe Plagueis had went beyond the narrow Rule of Two. That he was searching for something greater from the Force or Dark Side, so he didn't have a need or desire to duke it out with Palpatine over the Empire or even for revenge. Maybe to some extent he went beyond that. Or maybe he just knew he wasn't strong enough to defeat Palpatine and stayed in the shadows.

I can even see how poorly trained Kylo Ren is because Plagueis doesn't want another Palpatine to topple him. He helped Ren get strong enough to kill Luke's students but otherwise kept him relatively weak.

Shazam! likes this.
  10. Scherazade

Scherazade Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I support Snoke being a brand new character. There is debate about the meaning of the prophecy and what Anakin was supposed to do, but the landscape of the Force and it's users should be very different now, otherwise the actions of the Chosen One were more or less meaningless. If the new trilogy ends up being another retread of the Jedi vs. Sith conflict it will be a wasted opportunity.

11. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Arguably couldn't you say that TFA made the action of the Chosen One already meaningless? Granted perhaps killing Palpatine brought 'balance' to the Force, but it didn't last that long because it appears to be out of balance again or maybe faded away, and now awakening again. And I felt TFA did undercut Luke's actions in the OT. It seemed what the Rebellion for came somewhat to naught in TFA.

It seems that TFA has established Rey as the new heir to the Jedi. So why shouldn't the Sith be reborn? I mean how is Snoke or the Knights of Ren really different from the Sith? Perhaps we will learn later. But from what I've seen so far, why not make them Sith? It would add weight, history, and tie Snoke to a much larger legacy.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I mean, bringing balance to the Force doesn't really sound like a one-time deal to me, it sounds like a job that goes on for as long as people use the Force. Maybe Anakin's role was just to father the Skywalker line and they're all responsible for keeping the Force in balance.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's no such thing as a permanent peace. Anakin balanced the number of Jedi and Sith for at least 20 years if not 50. Now, the cycle begins anew.

14. Skywalker

That's not what balance in the Force means.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's not what the Jedi thought it meant, anyway :whistle:

Although the Plageuis novel does all but state that Anakin was created by the Force as a reaction to Plageuis and Sidious attempting to wrest control of it, so killing Sidious could be considered to be another way of fulfilling the prophecy.

Just think, if Snoke turns out to be Plageuis, then it can be Rey who finally fulfills the prophecy by taking out the second half of the duo that pissed off the Force! :ouch:

Skywalker likes this.
  16. Skywalker

I'm okay with this. :techman:

17. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

...from a certain point of view. :D

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"This is not the balance you're looking for."

I don't even think The Force knows what "balance to the Force" means.

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

George Lucas definitely didn't know.

20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Maybe that's on purpose.

Mark knows how to do insane--after years of voicing the Joker.

I still go for the anchorite explanation, with Rey as sister and Kylo as the brother.

You KNOW they are all going to be in one room together at some point

So yes, Luke is Snoke--pulling the strings--moving chess-pieces...becoming like Palpatine