Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 13, 2011.

?

Grade "Finale"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. The Blur (Above Average)

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Kal-El (Below Average)

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It's not my fault you chose to play ignorant by ignoring the context of what I said. It's amazing how often that happens when people are trying to defend some shitty show or movie on the Internet. it's particularly amusing when people do it while trying to portray themselves as being incredibly intelligent and clever, too.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Thats all good Jetfire but even the massive box set wont come with a pic of Tom in suit.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^I have to say that was the one thing I really wanted to see. A full body shot of Welling in the suit.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember midnight Jan first 1980 in the last episode of that 70s show?

No you don't.

Nobody does,

Because the show finished at 11.59.59 December 31st 1979.

And it was pretty cool too.

They're about to start jumping up and down, and kissing and hugging when the screen goes black.

It's about the journey not the destination.

It would have been wrong for them to give us Superman.

Bastards.

5. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean like you're doing? Get off your high horse, kid. You changed the context of what you said, it's there in plain text. You said we never heard the name "Superman" at all, then when you were told we did, you moved the goalposts and started moaning about context.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  6. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish they would have said the word, "Superman" a little louder. I had to look up the image on the internet to figure out who that guy in the blue suit, red cape and the big S on his chest was! :rolleyes:
    I love these people here nitpicking about stupid crap. If you didn't like the show, you probably didn't like the finale. Is there anyone who has hated a show but loved the finale? Anyone?

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always been pretty lukewarm on the show and the finale was just slightly warmer. But man is there a full moon out or something? What is with all the menstruating? Or shall I say, man-struating going on?

The show is over, the word "Superman" was indeed said. And really, who the fuck cares? Get over it.

8. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, but...she pronounced it , Su-PER-man instead of SU-per-man! Totally ruined it for me.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

And how they were ripped. First we have Lois in the plane, then she sees Superdude swooshing by and then he stabilizes it, and then he pushed that planet away from Earth just like he did with Kryptonite Island, and then he floats in space very similar to the scenes in SR.

10. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Touche' :lol:

11. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Yeah, all the 'Superman'-scenes were basically Returns-light... very light.

One thing would have made up for this weak finale... Welling, in the costume, flying in orbit, winking at the camera.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

When Clark was in the suit he didn't have that lock of hair/curl over his forehead. Fail.

13. Everything wrong with this finale is everything that's been wrong with the show itself for it's entire run.

Shitty writing, contrived and stupid situations, non-existent true character development, really crappy fights, with a few cool Superman-mythology moments scattered throughout, and a solid portrayal of Lois Lane.

That's basically the entire series in a nutshell, and the finale too.

14. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Neither did Dean Cain when he was in the costume.

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

At least we actually saw Dean Cain in costume. And not just a super close up of his head.

16. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Well, you could argue that we saw Welling as Superman when he had the actual S-symbol on his chest... or I'm just trying to get over my disappointment here ;)

Oh, and Dean Cain actually had the hair curl; only he had it as Clark Kent.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the last five minutes on YouTube - the scene in the Daily Planet is charming fun, the run-across-the-roof is completely lame.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

A shot of Welling "winking" at the camera as "Superman" would have been nice...had they depicted Clark as anything else than a douche. I don't see this "Superman" winking or smiling at anybody, expect maybe Lois occasionally. Any version of Batman would beat the living tar out of super-douche.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Smallville's "Superman" is an asshole. And if another superhero comes into town, watch how jealous and insecure he gets.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

:klingon: The early seasons' episodes would end with good fight sequences. :p