Smallville 8x10 "Bride" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 20, 2008.

?

Grade Bride

1. SUPER

48.3%
  2. Above Average

37.9%
  3. Average

10.3%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BIZARRO

3.4%
  1. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Stop stealing stuff from TWoP, Darth! :p

2. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Lana's reaction to Clark wanting to wipe her memory is exactly what Chloe's will be

3. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry! But that one was too good to pass up. :p

4. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

True, Clark is a bit of a Big Dumb Ass.

5. DarthPipes

Well, this episode did confirm one thing...

Gabe Sullivan has been erased from existence.

You can't get Martha Kent to return to Smallville for anything. Pete probably didn't want to see Chloe get married. And how the hell do you have a wedding at the Kent farm and not see Shelby? ;)

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Shelby was probably peeing on someone's limo tire.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I find it funny that none of Jimmy's or Chloe's family or relatives were there to witness their wedding, one of the most important times in anyone's life.

8. DarthPipes

Clark didn't even have to erase Chloe's memories of Gabe. He just doesn't exist anymore.

Martha Kent is the only politician who doesn't return to her home state.

9. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well it looks like I was right Brainic took over the fortress,and is controling Doomsday.

Lex looks like he's in recovery somewhere getting medical attention of what I gather from the episode.I don't know if Lana is still with Lex I'm asuming he's in touch with her via texting,because she was sent a text "Did the Archer buy it" meaning explaination of why she was at the same place as Ollie.

The fresh take on the writing is what Smallville needs right now,and did anybody see when episode#11 airs 1/15/2009 that just happens to be MLK's birthday,but also my dad's birthday,and that is also the day he died twenty years ago soon to be 21years. It does get easier with time but sorry I just got OT for a second there.

See you guys,and gals in the New Year.

Signed

Buck Rogers

10. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode! The show is finally hitting on all cylinders!

Loved the preview of the Legionnaires: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad looked fantastic--and it looks like they'll all be fighting the Persuader come January. I can't wait!

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Most shows go on a Winter hiatus every year. ;)

Not much TV watching over the holidays.

Bring on the Winter Replacement Series!

12. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

News to me, my genius level IQ and 3.86 GPA at the time of my college graduation.

No it doesn't. Racism is about genetic heritage, not physical appearance. The term "Mongoloid" is a (largely outdated) genetic term. It's an archaic classification for what we call "Asians" nowadays, back when people thought we could classify such ridiculous notions as "racial superiority". See also terms like "Negroid".

Just one? How progressive of you. Next time you see him, call him a "Negroid" and see how well he responds.

What makes you think she even has one?

Learn to use the English language properly and maybe I'll begin to take you seriously.

It is a term formerly used in science that is now considered extremely offensive. You look it up. "The concept's existence is based on a now disputed typological method of racial classification,[1][2] and the word is today practically absent in professional anthropology discussion. All the -oid racial terms (e.g. Mongoloid, Caucasoid, Negroid, etc.) are now often controversial in both technical and non-technical contexts and may sometimes give offense no matter how they are used" (Wikipedia, for example). Just because it's used as a synonym for Down's Syndrome doesn't mean it's not an inappropriate term.

Asperger's is not a birth defect, and comparing it to an outdated form of racial categorization is highly offensive. Also, it's good to know that you admit to making fun of autistic people. You're a credit to humanity, sir.

Again, what makes you thinks she has one?

Autism is not a "retardation".

Look, last week I tried educating you a little bit. I obviously achieved nothing. I hope, in time, you will learn something from someone about something.

And I'm done with this thread. If you want to continue this childishness, feel free to PM me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  13. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Good grief.

Infraction for flaming.

14. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know If I had to make a choice between the on-screen cousins I'd probably freeze up. You have a pair of all aspect perfect 10s there.

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

how many weeks is the show taking off, as the UK is on episode 3, hope I can play catch up a bit in the meantime.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The show comes back in mid-January.

17. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're finally allowing the characters to grow and evolve.

18. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

thats quite a few weeks, depending on what happens over christmas, we shouldnt be more than 2 or 3 episode behind you guys when it returns

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm so glad they are pushing the Lois/Clark 'ship. I never really cared about the whole canon aspect of it in the first place. For one, it's pretty obvious SV is an else else-world. But really, isn't comic book "canon" rather malleable by default? It's in the nature of the medium. So anyone who cares should just STFU! :D

But I think the fact that Durance and Welling have such good chemistry, that it'd be a wast not to. Truth be told, he and Kreuk just didn't. Every seen they had together felt awkward and apart. They just always had this "sibling" aura. It's not their fault, it happens. And I don't mean to turn this into an anti-Lana thing (I think he and Mack had a lot of the same trouble). It's just, if the actors don't have it, it's not going to work despite all the good intentions in the world. Yet, for whatever reason Milfred kept pushing and pushing and pushing because they're the two people in the world more in love with Kreuk than Othello. ...And, they just didn't get it.

But, even if you go back to the beginning like the shower scene in "Gone." There was clearly magic there--or even their scenes in "Crusade." But, the whole thing was buried, and when Durance came back she was like a different person. I think, the current Lois is a much closer reflection to the one seen in those first two episodes.

And I've been a big EDLois advocate pretty much from the get go. For a long time people criticized her acting ability, but I tried to defend it the best I could. Usually she was written very badly, but on those rare instances she was given some good dialog, she really shined. The loft scene in "Oracle" is a good example. I think that was the first time I said, "Canon be damned, lets get these kids together!"

And actually, I was never really all that head over heals with her. That is, until now. There's just something different about her. It isn't just the hair. (Though, that's nice too!) She's got this whole new thing. She isn't "hot" or "sexy" or whatever, she's just good old-fashioned beautiful.

All that said, I think the scene at the end was one of the show's very best. It wasn't obvious, or played-up. It was simply symbolic and quiet--poetic, if you will. It was also framed and cut very well, I thought. I know it's weird, but during such a high profile event, I think a little scene like that was the best of the episode (and probably the season.) But then, I'm a romantic sentimentalist. :o

The only other thing I took away from the episode was, I'm now about 90% sure they're gearing up for the Chloe v. Clark. Which is effen awesome in itself! I was not surprise by the appearance of old baldy at all. (In fact, I was sort of counting on it.) And I found the Doomsday a bit underwhelming--but I think that was probably by design.

20. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain