Smallville: 10x08 "Abandoned" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Supermam! (Excellent)

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. The Blur (Good)

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Clark Kent (Average)

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Kal (Bad)

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Supermope (Terrible)

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

It was excellent IMO,but a few things that I found intriguing, 1.) Tess Mercer is a Luthor.
    2.) Granny Goodness was a Telepath stationed on earth to train women from girlhood on to become the harpies of Darksied.3.)We finally get to see Lois moving in at the Kent Farm.
    Also I found that it was well written,acted,and the action was worthy of Smallville.
    I have a theory why Granny Goodness couldn't follow through brainwashing Clark once Clark use his super breath to break the forge lid chains the green K was blocked then his powers returned and therefore his mind was shielded from her attempts.
    I liked the discovery of the birth certificate by Tess at the end,and Clark finally seeing a recording of Jor-El and Lara telling him the true purpose of being sent to earth.
    Next weeks episode looks epic in scale,and loved seeing the Executive Producer credit associated with Tom Welling that means the roller coaster is not going to stop until the end of the season,and I'm looking forward to the end.
    Anyway same Smallville Channel same Smallville time.
    Signed
    Buck Rogers

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll give it an excellent. Really liked the Tess/Granny Goodness storyline. Nice cameo by Teri Hatcher and cool seeing Clark's birth parents.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

God that was a boring episode. I was literally trying to stay awake. Of course, I was tired from a long day, but still.

Anyhoo, despite it's blandness, it did have some great guests.

- Loved seeing Teri Hatcher. Never thought we would, given her success with Desperate Housewives. And it was interesting to see her, another former Lois Lane, play the current Lois' mom. Never thought I'd see that in particular. A few weeks ago I thought that she was too young to play Lois' mom, then I figured that she's probably appear in a recording or a flashback or whatever.

- Nice to see Helen Slater back. Same with Julian Sands. He's always good and made a great Jor-El.

- Glad to see Desaad on the show. I wondered what he'd look like. No purple cloak, but I can live with that. By the way, Steve Byers appeared with Erica Durance in a TV movie last year called Final Verdict. He played her character's love interest. I tried to watch it because of Erica, but it was really bad.

- For those who might not know... Sarah Connor/Edward Scissorhands, aka Mad Harriet, was played by Lindsay Hartley, who's married to Justin Hartley. He married her after knocking her up.

Yeah, that site is a fun read.

There were several hints that it might happen. Lois confronting Jor-El, basically telling him to stop holding Clark back, and Clark's memory wipe, which could have freed him up to fly.

Supernatural does a great job in the babe department too.

I wonder if she shot her part in L.A.

Missed that. I noticed Harriet about to burst out of that tank top though.

When I saw the dog, I wished that they had used Krypto on the show instead. What a missed opportunity.

No Gene Hackman yet, but yeah, I'm surprised at how many actors from Superman past they got. I'm sure Marlon Brando would have done it if he hadn't died.

What was her full name?

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Tess is a tragedy. :(

Abandoned by Lionel...her birth mother died...her half brother/former lover(?) killed her father and used her and her other half brother is crazy...God knows what Lucas is doing. :lol: And she went through all that stuff with Granny Goodness. :(

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was an awesome episode...second best of the season for me. Tess is indeed a tragedy and I'm not really as upset as I thought I would be about her revelation. Pretty cool, the Furies are awesome (still think Granny will kick in Tess's programming later).

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still watching it.

haven't read above.

Cassidy Freeman = A feminized Scott Free.

They generated nuances from the actresses name after the fact to create coincidence?

Cassidy means Curly. Curly was the bald stooge. Lex's Stooge?

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Clark already looking to marry Lois is ridiculous.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah it is. :rolleyes: If Doomsday shows up to ruin the wedding...I am done. :lol:

10. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Lets watch the show be surprised OK.

Signed

Buck Rogers

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're just joking around Buck...that's the fun of this show. I don't know that Lois and Clark being engaged now is too soon. I have friends that got engaged six months after their first date. We know why this is happening because they messed stuff up with Lana and Clark and prolonged Clark getting together with Lois.

12. Guy Gardener

Only idiots are surprised by Smallville.

Okay, sometimes I'm surprised by their gall, but very very rarely is anyone with an IQ above 80 plussed by Kelly and Brian's super "cule" revelatory money shots.

Only Jetfire has questioned the possibility of incest?

Hmm?

Was this an accident? Or was Lionel playing Highfather's part in the son swapping peace pact between Darksied and new Genesis to save Earth? As a Veritas Conspiracy that is feasible if not for the fact that Lionel changed his mind and the world didn't end if he was bluffing that he had allies on Krypton? If so that would mean that Julian or Lex (I doubt both?) was actually Darkseids child.

Julian's death would cancel any nonagression pact and urge Lionel into geting his daughter back from this off world scum?

And if Julian was just an evil dark god Lillian was forced to raise as her own even though it was probably telepathically broadcasting "evil" and "crazy" like how no one seemed to make it out the omen movies alive, no wonder Lillian killed her "son" and killed herself.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Off topic but, are you ever going to fix the quote in your signature? That missing "where" is damn annoying.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

She loved him...and he loved her and I don't think it was familiar. :rofl:

:eek:

15. Guy Gardener

I'd put an exclamation mark after the first roads too.

That quote could have been lifted form a production meeting about Iron Man III.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Did Clark come back for that little girl or did he save her in OffScreenVille?

17. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a plot hole they'll never fill. Haha he totally forgot about her!

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ugh! Clark could have zipped her out of there to Ollie's and explained it and got back to the orphanage before anyone noticed. Bad writing. :lol:

19. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At first I didn't know where this episode was going, it was chock full of stuff. However, by the end it was a very good episode, mainly because it was so stuffed. I'm glad that the writers, unencumbered by having to worry about another season, are finally getting on with it and pushing character progression forward.

Though I had hoped that Tess was Lex's mom more than a sister, it does make more sense-I suppose-to go that route if you wanted her to be part of the family. Curious as to why Lionel would sign off on handing her over to Granny Goodness. Look forward to them addressing that in a future episode.

It was also cool seeing the Female Furies, though in typical Smallville fashion the fights were too short. But it was still good seeing them and the actress who played GG was very creepy. Liked how all Darkseid's minions linked up at the end. Wonder if Kalibak is going to show up. And I also liked the Jor-El and Lara cameo, plus Terri Hatcher. I've always enjoyed how Smallville honors and incorporates aspects of previous incarnations. I do wonder though if they've ever used any actors or ideas from the Superboy TV show of the 90s? Anybody know?

20. Guy Gardener

Seen two episodes of that and ran.

Christine Willes has lost a lot of weight since dead like me or even Reaper.

Very healthy and if not for that her hair turned silver (for the part?) I'd say that it makes her look younger.