News Showtime orders Dexter limited series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The podcaster AKA Molly Park was revealed as one of the Kurgan's victims inside one of the human-sized trophy cases

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Forgot about that. It doesn't help that they barely hinted... past the chief trying to contact her and not being able to. They dropped the ball a bit there. I just thought she was busy. Fml. :lol: So I guess apart from said podcasts she left behind, it's one less threat that Dexter has to be concerned about.

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

People are losing their minds over the ending.

I don't mind the ending, but I don't like how they got there.

Random_Spock likes this.
  4. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Frigging called it. I'm glad it ended the way it did (well I'm sorry about what happened with Logan). The ending forced the audience to ultimately reckon with with Dexter's actions throughout both series, both the good and the bad. I hope that whatever happens to Harrison, this experience helps to avoid becoming like his father. I like to think it did.

Random_Spock likes this.
  5. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

My jaw is still on the floor after that end. I hope that Harrison can have a relatively normal life now as well.

Random_Spock likes this.
  6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The ending we all knew was coming but I don't really like how they got there either.

Random_Spock likes this.
  7. Aragorn

The writing on Dexter has always been sloppy, even during the "good" first four seasons.

I really don't like how a small town cop who didn't know the town hero has been murdering women for 25 years can Google something the Bay Harbor Butcher DID NOT do (use ketamine) and immediately connect those crimes to Dexter.

Also, how is the ending supposed to allow Harrison to escape Dexter's dark passenger? I would think what he did would only screw him up even more.

8. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The ketamine was a huge retcon and I'm not sure why that was changed from M99.

Harrison's actions where supposed to show him rising from the shadow (and darkness) of his father. Of course, in real life, I'm sure that would definitely not help him with his trauma. I accept it from a more symbolic perspective in that Dexter's story is now closed, and we (like Harrison) can move on.

9. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea it just felt a bit cheap.

Felt a bit underwhelmed by it, but figured it was going to happen. By having his son have him think over what he had done... showed imo... that he did grow a bit. He grew to love his son, and to be aware that in order for his son to have a chance, he had to let go.

10. Starbreaker

New Blood was Showtime's most watched show ever. They'll be doing something to milk this.

11. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

I have no interest in it continuing without Michael C. Hall. He kept me watching through some pretty bad seasons. Jack Alcott did a good job as Harrison, but the last few episodes made it clear he doesn't have a "dark passnger" like his father, he was just an angry teenager, so turning him into a copy of Dexter wouldn't feel right.

JoseNoodles likes this.
  12. Aragorn

Dexter: Season 10 -- Dexter survives, and while awaiting his trial, is called upon to help the FBI bring down a new serial killer.

Dexter: Season 11 -- Dexter escapes, and only U.S. Marshall Harrison Morgan can bring him in.

The Knappos likes this.
  13. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally, I think the only thing they would have been able to hang on (prior to his escape) Dexter would have been the killing of the drug supplier, and maybe not even that. The titanium screw was an obvious plant. And as for the Bay Harbor Butcher killings, well, when you have another person all but accused of the crimes,(Sgt. Doakes), reasonable doubt is kind of baked into the cake. Sorry we didn't get to see the hinted-at Dexter/Angel Batista reunion.

14. The Knappos

The Knappos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was kind of hoping for something more open ended. Yeah,
    what happened was due but I'd rather have seen a follow up trial mini.

I just don't feel that there was anything to really sell Dexter's sudden lack of confidence/panic.

I'm sure a spin off will come though. In what form, I have no idea.

15. Starbreaker

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Iron Lake spinoff of some kind. I thought Julia Jones was great.

16. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree.