Should there be spinoff standalone movies involving the Kelvin cast?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by FederationHistorian, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Captain Captain

As the title says, do you think that there should be spinoff standalone movies involving the Kelvin cast, continuing on from where ST: Beyond left off?

You’d have a Dr. McCoy movie, an Uhura movie, a Scotty movie, a Sulu movie, maybe even a Dr. Carol Marcus movie and a Jaylah movie. All on their own adventures not tied to Kirk, Spock and the Enterprise.

Basically, it would be like PIC, but with the Kelvin cast and a 2-2.5hr long movie instead.

2. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

No

Phoenix219 and Relayer1 like this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, kinda like Wolverine got X-Men spinoff solo movies. And if not movies for each character, team up ones. Kirk and McCoy, Spock and Uhura etc

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

About covers it for me.

5. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

No.

*edit*

See I was beaten to it. :D

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is about as awful (and interesting) an idea as giving someone their own series about Section 31...

Onid likes this.
  7. valden

valden Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

it would be on cbs all access? paramount are struggling to make an ensemble film and likely wont. i don't see how they could make a spin off if they can hardly make a 4th film.

8. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

You might as well have the rest of the cast in at this point though. I could probably see a Kelvin Sulu series work but standalone films? Nah. If the kelvin films had all delivered 500-700m or more at the box office, then I think we could be having this conversation.

9. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Regula One: A Star Trek Story

David S. Pumpkins and Smellmet like this.
  10. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Commodore Commodore

Yes, absolutely, since a film series like that could flesh out the characters in question and only elevate interest in an earned reunion down the line. After all, what says Kelvin Timeline more than literally inverting the situation from several of the original films and showing what everyone was doing when not getting back together for old times’ sake? It’s 2021 now, so even a restarted five-year mission would be coming to a close for the Enterprise-A — best not to repeat the old mistakes by looking for contrived reasons for the crew to come together.

11. Hades Temperature Checker

Hades Temperature Checker Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jaylah centric Starfleet Academy film, with a banging soundtrack of beats and shouting.

M.A.C.O. movie headed by Idris Elba's Balthazar Edison.

Yes, I'm clearly living in a parallel universe where Beyond took more money than Into Darkness, and I'm overseeing Paramount's expanding Cinematic Star Trek Universe! :lol:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  13. Hades Temperature Checker

I mean, I'd hire you.

Smellmet likes this.
  14. Boris Skrbic

Assuming a deal could be made with Bad Robot, technically there is no reason the Kelvin Timeline couldn’t be kurtzmanized just as Pike’s era from the Original Series has been, thus bringing everything under one roof even with the same actors if necessary.

15. Hades Temperature Checker

They have already distinguished the two time lines. There is no reason to mash it all together.

16. Boris Skrbic

If the argument is made that the Kelvin Timeline maintains its actors and specific look and feel forever, then the next step is to imagine the same for TOS, which doesn’t seem to be the official policy. TOS was updated for 2017, so the Kelvin Timeline could follow in the 2020s, and we’d just have different events, unexplained changes to character ages and the butterfly effect on technology, but otherwise Peck could play Quinto’s Spock also and so forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.