Shards and Shadows delayed?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by leandar, Jan 27, 2009.

1. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

I've looked now for four weeks for Shards and Shadows and can't find it in any local book store. Was the book delayed and if so, why? Thanks.

2. BryanSorensen

BryanSorensen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Uh, I've had it for weeks now....already finished reading it. I should be there.

3. Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson Writer Premium Member

Amazon has had it in stock for a few weeks now, and I bought a copy from B&N last Thursday. It's out there.

4. wew

wew Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I received my copy last week, it was delayed because of another pre-order.

5. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

Amazon UK still hasn`t got it and only offers it from other sellers. I have ordered it now from one of these sellers because I no longer want to wait.

6. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

As far as I'm aware it should be out in the States but not out over this side of the Atlantic yet. I've had it on pre order since I picked up Mere Mortals back in November from my local bookshop though.

7. Emissary of the Prophets

Emissary of the Prophets Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I ordered mine through the UK Amazon market place...had it...read it...shelved it.

8. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I got mine from Amazon US almost two weeks ago now. Still haven't read it though.

9. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same here. I was distracted by the greatness that is A Singular Destiny.

10. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Whereas I was distracted by Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. And Cranford.

11. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I posted my review of it in the spoiler thread. Unfortunately I had to order it through B&N.com because my local bookstores (we have 1 Borders, 1 B&N, 1 Books A Million, and 1 Waldenbooks in town) took forever to get it.

I just managed to pick up 'A Singular Destiny' at the Books A Million. None of the other stores have it yet.

12. RyanLevy

RyanLevy Commander Red Shirt

I've been looking for Shards and Shadows here in Canada for the past month, however the its not available here in Alberta yet. I think it might have something to do with the railway strike in BC. I know at work, we can't get any amount of stock in because it cannot get across the border into Canada.
    I do hope the books arrive soon, they are available Ontario and east, but not here in the prairies or BC

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've had mine for about 2 weeks, and I've read the first two stories. I stopped to finish the last Terok Nor book, but I'll be back to it as soon as I'm done with that.

14. leandar

Well this is weird. I can't imagine why I seem to be the only one where I can't find the book. Has anyone else bought it from a Books-A-Million or Waldenbooks or Hastings?

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the Borders near me didn't have it when I went back this weekend. And Walden books is part of Borders, so perhaps it's something about noone of the companies stores getting them.

16. leandar

Jeez.... I loved the other two Mirror Universe books and I will get this new one. It just irritates me that I'm likely gonna have to order it online when it's just so simple to be able to go to a local bookstore and pick it up. I mean, they picked up A Singular Destiny so what's the problem?? :confused:

17. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

How is Cranford, anyway? The miniseries was quite good.

One of these days, I too will find a copy of Shards and Shadows and one of A Singular Destiny, but that day has not yet come.

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I think most of us are seeing Shards and Shadows at our local Barnes and Noble, but I don't think there are any BNs near your location in Arizona.

19. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ leandar is in Arkansas, not Arizona. (Arkansas is AR. Arizona is AZ. And Alaska is AK and Alabama is AL. This has been another *thud* useless fact...)

20. leandar

Eh, we're glad to hear from you, KRAD. As long as there are no emergency butt clenches, we should be ok though.

*sigh* I really gotta get a new KRAD smart alecky crack..... lol!!