News Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Aug 27, 2016.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Or a replacement for Alara, who is rumored to be leaving the show.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Any links? I see nothing via Google.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Are they going to pour her into a catsuit?

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because of this thread I just did a Google News search on Halston Sage, and instead found a bunch of celebrity gossip sites claiming her and Seth MacFarlane are dating due to them being seen in public in an apparent good mood.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...arlane-Halston-Sage-spotted-going-dinner.html
    Even if this isn't true, I'll say that the two of them having a good time in public rules out the possibility of Alara leaving the show any time soon.

BillJ likes this.
  5. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Well, that's good. There were rumors Halston was leaving because they broke up. If they are still together (byline is Feb 10, 2018), then those rumors were false. If she's leaving, and I hope not, it's not because they split.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That would suck if she left. Really like her character.

PhotoBoy and CaptainMurdock like this.
  7. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Funny how #MeToo seems to suggest that there should be a hard line between business and pleasure and nobody seems to have a problem with this sort of nepotism/casting-couch situation.

8. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Depends? Did she get or keep the job by dating MacFarlane? Did MacFarlane use his power on the show to bed her? Or is it just a mutual attraction that developed between co-workers?

I tend to try to not slander people until I know what the actual situation is.

10. Serveaux

That's a clumsy misrepresentation of the situation based on a vacuum of real information.

BillJ and tharpdevenport like this.
  11. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

It's not funny but unfortunate that this is the impression you got of the #MeToo movement. Just because people don't want to be harrassed doesn't mean they're sex-negative.

BillJ, tharpdevenport and Serveaux like this.
  12. Serveaux

Also, people hire their friends and relatives. In most non-government enterprises this is not shocking and certainly isn't going to stop any time soon.

BillJ and tharpdevenport like this.
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

When did he break up with Emelia Clarke? Last time I looked on Wikipedia a few months ago it didn't say anything about them breaking.

To go back to the episode count discussion for a bit, there were some animated series back in the '80s and '90s that did aired every weekday and did 65 episodes a season.

14. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

wikipedia is user edited. Only somebody with inside knowledge of Seth's love life would know if they have split or not. I doubt Seth goes there to update people on who he's dating and no longer dating.

15. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Stargate did have a good clip show--maybe it was the 200th episode but my memory is foggy.

Personally I loved the Hercules Legendary Journeys clip show when Kevin Sorbo was hospitalized. The bathroom scene was classic.

16. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since we're throwing other shows around... "Sherlock" got 3 episodes in 2010, 3 episodes in 2012, 3 episodes in 2014, 1 episode in 2016 and 3 episodes in 2017.

So nobody ever complain! ;)

I would be sad to see Alara go. I like her very much.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously, I was just surprised because that kind of gossip tends to hit those kinds of sites pretty quickly.

18. tharpdevenport

Yeeeaahhh, but it's gossip. It's about as useful as hearing something from a friend of a friend of a friend about Netflix doing a new Star Wars series. You might as well make something up yourself.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. I was just surprised because they actually seemed to be one of the longer lasting Hollywood relationships. I'm a big fan of both of them so it just caught my attention when I heard they were together.
    It's not really our business anyways.
    I hope they do keep Alara around, she's a great character and I'd hate to lose her.

20. tharpdevenport

That';s the thing about creating a TV show and having your wife or girlfriend play a character on it, regardless of hoiw she got the position -- it becomes our business. For forever.

If the character disappears -- for what ever reason -- fans will demand to know why. They create rumors, try to track down interview comments that cover it, etc. Specials and documentaries made decades later will try to piece it together and try to ask the surviving cast about it. etc. It'll never go away.

That's one jar of pickles that he'll probably regret having opened.