Set blueprint exchange

Just checked the site - it does get a grey page and then eventually loads in full actual page. Also it is very slow to load another page.
I think in this case it is simply that the server is having trouble at the moment due to high traffic volume.
Edit: Just tried again and got "503 Service Unavailable. No server is available to handle this request."
The web server is down - possibly due to an unexpected number of visitors
Edit 2: Server is back up, but things are currently very slow

Which wall geometry?
The windows at first glance appear to be designed to match the shape of the saucer upper outer edge, as seen in this pre-production sketch:
sQYx2Lo.jpg

However, the set as built seems to show strict vertical walls:
Ak777yB.jpg

This is supported by the set plans themselves:
YcM5tUQ.jpg

What baffles me is WHY???

Probably some kind of practical construction issue, maybe with having a greater than 90° arc in the window pane.

Probably some kind of practical construction issue, maybe with having a greater than 90° arc in the window pane.
Possibly, but I would be surprised if they were using anything other than thin perspex in those windows (which bends easily when warmed up).
Or if that were really the case, why not hide the odd angle in the ceiling section?

hmm never noticed that before! Maybe just the way it's designed so the lower half would be a green screen or something? Or maybe it's two halves. One upper and a set of quarters beneath him? In the end it's trek and windows never match. Take the ready room for example on the D.

Liking the new interface! Bummer that we are losing the ability to download as a zip. It was nice being able to back up the archive from time to time. Also @Redgeneral glad to see you back!

Early TNG s1 MSD
https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...503.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Also lately there have been some lcars posted to Facebook.

Something specific is voyager type 8 shuttle control:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3946122365398207/permalink/24052482174335596/

Additionally the Picard Season 3 for your consideration book also mention's paint colors they used for the bridge, and specific fabrics they used. Not sure if that's worth having somewhere. I am also disappointed that they already took down the 3d scans of the sets, I wanted to take some screenshots of some of the LCARS for reference.

There probably won't be uploads for next few weeks as my PC is currently experiencing hardware failure. Random large black blocks taking 1/3 of the screen intermittently appearing. I believe it is the GPU at fault, but further investigations are underway.
It is an oldish machine and parts are not readily available any more, with newer parts not necessarily being compatible. So I will probably be getting a replacement computer.

Everything is backed up so there is no chance of data loss.

That is REALLY weird. The original filming miniature didn't have red inboard/outboard lighting on the nacelles like that and the surface detailing looks noticeably different. The top louvers on the back of the main body are the things that should glow red, but instead look like their filled-in and unlit/opaque. The two disruptor turret hard points at the base of the neck (they look like domes on this model) have been moved back on top of the curved platforms instead of in front of them. The aft and ventral surfaces of the main body are oddly devoid of all detail and the three cargo doors on the port-side front of the main body are missing entirely.

However, all that said, the head looks like a perfect replica of the filming miniature's head with all the greebles and details present and the paint job overall is quite nice - definitely not a tricked-out AMT kit. It looks like a damn fine original build! Where the hell did this thing come from? :confused:

And for that matter, where did the TOS D-7 come from? It's totally white/light gray and has none of the purple-gray/sage paint patterns of the original. It's not the one they made for "Trials and Tribbleations" either, which has a subtle K'T'inga-like pattern added to the hull, but it otherwise looks dead-on accurate to the original structurally.

There are a LOT of interesting things in this auction site.

Last edited:
And for that matter, where did the TOS D-7 come from? It's totally white/light gray and has none of the purple-gray/sage paint patterns of the original. It's not the one they made for "Trials and Tribbleations" either, which has a subtle K'T'inga-like pattern added to the hull, but it otherwise looks dead-on accurate to the original structurally.

The caption says it was one of the ones built for Phase II/TMP from the TOS tooling before they decided to make an all-new model.

That's odd, I would've bet that "The Emissary" just used stock footage (or rather, a stock frame) from TMP, given the angle and how little it moved.

AH! That makes sense then. I am definitely curious about that K't'inga, then. That one is definitely not a Phase II throw-away.

Oh, I think I misread the description a bit. "This model was created by designer and model making legend Greg Jein for the Episode, 'The Emissary' and was used in later episodes." The wording makes it sound like it's possible the battlecruiser in "The Emissary" was a stock frame, and that was just when Jein built the model, not necessarily when it was first used.

Something seems not legit about that site.

Oh, I think I misread the description a bit. "This model was created by designer and model making legend Greg Jein for the Episode, 'The Emissary' and was used in later episodes." The wording makes it sound like it's possible the battlecruiser in "The Emissary" was a stock frame, and that was just when Jein built the model, not necessarily when it was first used.

These items come from the "2023 October 14 - 15 The Greg Jein Collection Hollywood Platinum Signature® Auction #7278" Which if I had to guess came from Greg Jein's estate. Some of the pieces could have been made and on hand for during filming.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Gregory_Jein
https://www.startrek.com/news/remembering-gregory-jein-1945-2022

Jein, eh? That's why they look so good, and yet just a tiny bit off! :lol:

He probably eyeballed those things the same way he eyeballed the second Excelsior miniature for VOY's "Flashback". Helluva talented artist, that guy...

Back