• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Series missed and and lost track of...

Warped9

Fleet Admiral
Admiral
I imagine we've all been there. We start getting into a show and then real life, or something or other, intervenes and you get sidetracked. You lose track of what you were watching. Months to years past and while you might see hear snippets of what has been happening in a show, and maybe seen outtakes on Youtube, you've become completely disconnected from something that once really held your interest.

But you promise yourself to get back to it, either picking up where you left off or starting from the beginning again and make your way all the way through.

For me there are indeed a few series I once watched faithfully until real life interfered and I lost track of everything. Yet I really do want to get back to them (in no particular order). What got me sidetracked was my father's illness and his passing away in 2017. Then it was having to care for my mother until she passed away in 2024. It's only the past year or so I feel things are starting to really settle down.

- Murdock Mysteries. Wow. I can't believe they're going into Season 20. The series started set in 1894. That would put them now somewhere around 1914 with WW1 and the sinking of the Lusitania. I have a lot to cover to get back into it.
- The Blacklist. I was really into this. I got through the first two or three seasons then it fell off the radar. I've become aware of some spoilers, including how it ends for Raymond Reddington, but I'd still like to see how it all unfolded.
- Game Of Thrones. I saw the first two or three seasons and then I lost track of it all. Yes, I'm aware of how it ends, but like The Blacklist I'd like to see how it all happened.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Anyone else?
 
A lot of the ones that I started but never finished, I ended up finishing during lockdown. A few remain. Most are due to sub deals expiring and not finding enough other content on the platform to sub again. For AppleTV, I usually only watch it after I refresh my phone.

I am due to get Paramount again for both Star Trek and School Spirits.

Heroes is one that I only watched the first couple of seasons and gave up on. Thinking of finishing it off.

Fantasy Island is another one. I watched random episodes as a kid when it originally aired. It never got proper releases on physical media, but it's all available on Prime now.

24. Every season started feeling the same. I've only watched the first five.

Rockford Files. I only ever watched the first season.

La Brea. I have one season to go. I had Peacock over the holidays for Hallmark Christmas, and I was watching it then. But then Hallmark Channel left Peacock.

I am going back more now since a lot of the new stuff isn't working as well for me. Most of the new ground today feels like it's being tackled in horror. A lot of the other stuff feels like repeats or reskins.
 
I am going back more now since a lot of the new stuff isn't working as well for me... A lot of the other stuff feels like repeats or reskins.
I feel much the same. There are a few newer shows I've been able to get into: Reacher and The Gilded Age. I caught up on a couple of somewhat older shows such as Justified and Downton Abbey. I'm thinking of revisiting Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire which I have already seen in their entirety.

Oh, I'd forgotten about The Expanse. I got through the first season then got sidetracked. I definitely want to get back to that.
 
I feel much the same. There are a few newer shows I've been able to get into: Reacher and The Gilded Age. I caught up on a couple of somewhat older shows such as Justified and Downton Abbey. I'm thinking of revisiting Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire which I have already seen in their entirety.

Oh, I'd forgotten about The Expanse. I got through the first season then got sidetracked. I definitely want to get back to that.
I do still have the last season of the Expanse to watch.

I'm half way through Downton Abbey. It's something I like to watch while eating. It doesn't require that many brain cells.

I am looking forward to the new season of The Librarians. It hasn't hit my streaming services yet. I expect either Kanopy or Hoopla later this month.

I do plan to watch the new season of Reacher. The book so far isn't as good as Persuader, which was used for the prior season. But I'm only about a quarter of the way through. It still has time to get better.

I am planning a rewatch of the Prisoner.
 
lol lol yup happens all the time whenever i watch and or rewatch full seasons of tv shows and lost track of time

i even lose track of time whenever i watch and or rewatch the only 1 seasons tv shows
 
I very much enjoyed the Venture Brothers but lost track at some point given the long wait time between seasons and, if I understand correctly, the fact that it ended with an HBO max movie instead of an actual final season on Adult Swim.
 
When I was a kid, I watched season one of the syndicated War of the Worlds. However, we did not have cable and because the show was syndicated, the local Fox network picked up season 2. Back when you had to stand on one leg on a chair holding the TV antenna with one hand and an umbrella with the other hand in order to get a below average reception of Fox. So I missed all of the second season. Reading up on it, they completely changed the premise and killed the most popular characters.

You might not want to see how The Blacklist ended. It was an obvious case of "this show is profitable so let's keep spinning the wheels season after season even if we don't have anything worth telling." And you can tell which later-season episodes have small budgets with how there are few to no extras.
 
I remember way back enjoying Earth: Final Conflict. The first season was great, but ended on something of a downer with the apparent death/murder of Boone. The second season started off okay, but as the season progressed it just wasn't the same show anymore. I bailed on season three because I couldn't take it anymore.

This wasn't a case of losing track. It was a case of the show runners changing course and driving me away. I met Leni Parker (who played Da'an) at a Toronto convention around that time and she confirmed the change of the show's direction. She didn't say much else other than they were just the actors being paid to play their roles, but I got the distinct impression she and her fellow cast members were not happy with the show's changes.

Suffice to say while I caught snippets of what came after I have zero interest in following up after Season 1 (which I happen to have on DVD).
 
Last edited:
I dropped Supergirl in the middle of one of its seasons. It was a good show on CBS, but on the CW it was awful.

I dropped Grey's Anatomy after they killed off another major character. I had watched it for 11 seasons too. It just felt like there was no end in sight and since the show is still going, there is no end in sight! Can't imagine what it would be like to watch SVU from episode 1 through the present.
 
I dropped Supergirl in the middle of one of its seasons. It was a good show on CBS, but on the CW it was awful.
I dropped Supergirl after season 2. I also stopped watching Pluribus last year after episode 2, but I decided to give it another shot and watched episode 1 tonight.
 
I have never finished the last season of "Westworld". It still haunts me. I watched seasons 1 and 2 twice. I started to lose interest during season 3, but finished it somehow. Then I tried to watch season 4, but realized that I forgot almost everything from the previous season and couldn't get into it. There's a part of me that still believes I should finish it, but I doubt it will ever happen.
 
Murdock Mysteries. Wow. I can't believe they're going into Season 20. The series started set in 1894. That would put them now somewhere around 1914 with WW1 and the sinking of the Lusitania. I have a lot to cover to get back into it.

Yeah, in my opinon, it's gone on a bit too long, as now the writing is starting to feel tired. It's increasingly relied on anachronistic sci-fi stunts as the years have gone on rather than focus on actual crime solving. For instance, in one episode you have Murdoch invent a GPS tracking system. IMHO, it's just not a great show anymore; the stories are often quite bad with these newer seasons. They introduced a new acting chief inspector last season which was hoped to revitalize the show, but almost constantly, it's the writing that is not up to the task.

I dropped Supergirl in the middle of one of its seasons. It was a good show on CBS, but on the CW it was awful.

Oh, ain't that the truth! The seasons on CBS were charming enough, but I stopped watching the CW seasons when they started doing all those crossovers with the Arrowverse and just became a little too busy. It's a problem with the format, IMHO when you require watching other series to get the full stories, especially when it starts on series, yet finishes on a different series. That became a problem for me while I was watching on Netflix, and Netflix didn't have all the other series that it crossed over with.
 
Heroes and Andromeda are the two shows that most readily come to mind as things I were enjoying but stopped watching more because I lost track of them than anything else.

From everything I've heard, that's two bullets dodged.

I also made a point of not jumping to get to PIC S3 or the final season of Game of Thrones because based on what I heard I had fairly dire expectations. Unfortunately, I'm also a bit of a completionist.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top