Series 11 News & Spoilers

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

It was a teaser. It did what it was meant to do: It teased.

Thumbs up.

OCD Geek, Allyn Gibson and Jinn like this.
  2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It should've been Eleven that met up with Barry. "You're 2000 years old?"

3. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Couple of Matt Smith references in there....

Fish fingers and custard and the 1981 "The Beano" that Smith's Doctor was reading while spying on Clara's parents.. That one could lend itself to the new Doctor picking up Bradley back in the 80s at some point...

4. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, so:
    - The Doctor discovered the speedforce and now goes by the pseudonym “The Flash”.
    - Spoiler alert: Trailer depicts start and end of season. Start is after the swish, end is before.
    - Yasmin is set to have Batman in her basement, and a particularly stubborn one who doesn't get it why she has to hide from her friends.
    - The Doctor is a prankster now - she makes benign mischievous secret adjustment to her companions' timelines, with a tricksy smile.
    - The companions were picked from their respective time lines, had months of adventures, had their memories erased and returned to the original place in their timeline. VOY: Relativity called, wants its plot gizmo back.
    - The Doctor off-beat understanding of humans still in play – doesn't bother to check Graham would be reading a sports magazine, or that Yasmin's friends would devour that pizza rapidly like any flock of humans would. The pizza guy is Riker in a holodeck program set during TNG: Clues to ask The Doctor for advice on hiding the clues.
    - The anthropomorphic universe will be revealed to be a woman, will call the TARDIS phone and will be namedropped by Yasmin's friends at least twice.
    - It was all referee's fault.

Did I miss anything?

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still not really a fan of the outfit. It looks like Steve Urkal woke up in 2018. Still, I hope her personality more than makes up for it.

starsuperion likes this.
  6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The Doctor has never really had great taste in fashion.

7. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

I think it needs more question marks.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

And more vegetables.

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yet I loved Eccleston and Tennant's. I guess I'm just modern and boring like that.

10. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Vegetables in the shape of question marks! You can shape celery, right?

Longinus, The Nth Doctor and Jinn like this.
  11. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah right, i am not up on all these super hero's, i only really know what's been in the movies. Ha

12. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't sweat it. When Capaldi was coming in, they promised a Pertwee-esque costume, but the reality was he hardly ever wore it. He wore a hoodie and plain trousers mostly.

Allyn Gibson likes this.
  13. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The interesting thing about Capaldi is he changed his attire every series, basically. I liked that, made him more believeable than having to wear the exact outfit at all times.

14. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There has been a lot of time travel stories in the series which always end badly when they change things in the past.

There are also quite a lot of Doctor Who references in the writing.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Did anyone notice Chris Eccleston on the TV screen in the trailer?? What is that snippet from?

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I don't think that's Christopher Eccleston. All three TV screens (well, two TVs and one phone) are showing the same newscast, possibly about sports considering the number of talking heads and when the teaser was released.

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It sounds a lot like him. And it kinda looks like him, too.

18. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

The first voice is Alan Shearer, the second one is Rio Ferdinand. They're both former England [Association] Footballers, and key parts of BBC's World Cup Coverage.

dJE

jaime and The Nth Doctor like this.
  19. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

Hmmm.. I do like your Honest assessment of the teaser. I didn't really see anything that screamed, this is Doctor Who to me. I mean, from an objective view, if I were unaware of this series debut, as a causal viewer of Sci-fi I would have thought this was some kind of Class TV series set 30 years later. I mean, I didn't really see anything that screamed the show to me. It may have been nice to see a sneak peak of a recognizable villain, or creature..

Anyhow, I felt the costume now seeing it in film, was horrible. Not as bad as Colin's jacket, tho for the age it was in, it couldn't have been worse then some of the outfits on TV, and within the pop culture. This new pants suit suspender mork from ork with a Beverly Crusher Jacket reference, and Booties just isn't working for me. I wonder if they pull a Davison on this and do variations on the colours and shirts beneath. Uh.. SMH...

I still think they could have given her something a bit more akin to Romana II's outfit, or something functional, yet quirky. I think the leather that Mrs. Earhart wore on her flight around the world would be an amazing jacket to have given the Doctor. That flight leather bomber type jacket. It would have been a great bit of dialogue to throw into a story, harkening back to the Tenth's defense of his "sand shoes" I could see the dialogue with someone pointing out its a Bomber Jacket, and the Doctor not wanting to admit it's a jacket associated with a weapon of war retorts.. "No it's a Doctor Jacket." said with a smile.

Overall, they should have thrown something for a second that was Iconic. I don't recall seeing the TARDIS, but then again, if it was, the featured image wasn't striking enough to recall in memory, even after just watching it again. I hope the next official release is a bit more enticing. I mean, If I was just out of the Bahamas from the beach and saw that promo teaser, I would wonder if I was watching the New Flash episode and a speedster was doing their thing around town.

tomalak301 likes this.
  20. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that's a contradiction. :p

The Nth Doctor and Jinn like this.