September Art Challenge- JTK

James Tiberius Kirk

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Well here's my shot at this month's theme, a mid-late 1970s moonbase in the Apennine mountains, crewed by four astronauts. In the foreground we have an astronaut on a rocky outcrop, in the background there is a cylindrical cargo ship to the left and habitation quarters and science labs to the right. In the far left background is a LM, and in the far center background is an emergency escape module. This is a rough 8 1/2x11 concept sketch, which will be followed by an 18x24 final drawing. In the final drawing I plan on adding some new buildings, such as an observatory on top of one of the mountains.
moonbase2.jpg

PS. Can you spot all four astronauts?

Well, there's the one the foreground

There's another in the shadows of I'm guessing a spent lander just left of center.

Just left of him looks like there's another one laying on the ground with his legs crossed, propping his upper body up on his arms. (?!)

And I think I see a cople sitting by the larger structure in the b/g by a campfire.

Yeah, I'm not good at this.

Nice sketch, though.

:)

Trekker4747 said:
Well, there's the one the foreground

There's another in the shadows of I'm guessing a spent lander just left of center.

Just left of him looks like there's another one laying on the ground with his legs crossed, propping his upper body up on his arms. (?!) [/qoute]
Hmmm... Maybe it's a chick?
And I think I see a cople sitting by the larger structure in the b/g by a campfire.

Yeah, I'm not good at this.

Nice sketch, though.
Yes, enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

Back