Seasonal Flavored Products I Don't Like Must be Stopped

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tharpdevenport, Sep 3, 2015.

?

End the Pumpkin Spice Era

1. Yes, make it stop.

27.6%
  2. No.

62.1%
  3. I'm undecided. I cross my mind.

10.3%
  1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Pumpkin Spice Products Must be Stopped

Hey, Avro. I saw some Growers Pumpkin Spice cider at the Superstore's wine store. Described as: Traditional cider apples blended with a light cinnamon spice pumpkin flavour.

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

They were liked well enough at home that I never bothered taking any to work.

By any chance were they a Dempster's limited edition bagel? While it would be sad to see the sundried tomato end its run (they were awesome!), at least the stores around here stock these, so I might actually get to try them! :)

Sounds great! If I ever find myself near a Superstore, I'll be sure to check it out! :)

3. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Have you tried the [highlight]"Toasted Graham Latte"[/highlight]? It is to die for! I think it will be the next big thing for the fall!

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I believe they were Thomas bagles, though they were close to the Sara Lee ones.

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I just had pumpkin pie yogurt. It was delicious!!!

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

if you don't like pumpkin, just don't eat or drink it. simple.

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

OK, thanks. I've never seen Thomas bagels in stores around here. (Nor Sara Lee ones, for that matter.)

I actually found myself at a different grocery store today than the ones I usually go to. It was a much larger store, so I figured I'd look around and see what pumpkin spice products I could find. Didn't really see much of anything: no coffee creamer, no bagels, not even Oreos.

I *did* see two things: pumpkin spice desert bar mix, and frozen pumpkin cheesecake. But if I wanted to eat either of those, I'd just make them myself.

8. tharpdevenport

I thought I was safe today while perusing the cookies for anything new or different that might appeal to me, by simply bypassing the Oreo's. I skipped over them only to find friggin' Keebler Fudge Stripes pumpkin spice cookies.

It's like the opposite of "Hey! You got chocolate in my peanut butter!"

It's more like: "Hey! You got that fucking punpkin spice in my otherwise perfectly acceptable fudge!"

9. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

Actually, the ubiquitous "pumpkin spice" flavor often does not actually taste like pumpkin at all. Instead it tastes like an artificial version of the spices used in pumpkin pie, minus the pumpkin.

Kor

10. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Stop trying to make this some drama where you're being stalked by some evil Monstano organization who's hellbent on YOU, personally, being forced into some hot-three way with oily German bodybuilders.

There's a product you don't care for. Don't buy it. Problem solved.

11. tharpdevenport

I approached my bed last night slowly, while tension filled the air. Something was amiss. I heard a noise and turned to see what it could be. Nothing. I finally got down to look under the bed and there it was -- fucking pumpkin spice.
    :p

Today was going well. No problems. Made a quick stop to a local small store to pick up something and decided to just make a quick look at the Halloween candy selection. I thought I knew what to avoid to not glance upon pumpkin spice. But there it was -- Nestle pumpkin spice chips for making cookies.

Another fine day dashed! :scream:

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I vote we make Pumpkin Spice an all-year-around thing just so we can keep this thread going.

13. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I vote we take up a collection to hire oily German bodybuilders to stalk Tharp and rub pumpkin spice all over him.

14. tharpdevenport

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I swear, one more remark like that I will go to Starbucks next week and buy their spice latte.

16. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

ProTipĀ®: If you don't want to encounter a place with a certain product, don't go to a place where a product is guaranteed to be.

17. Dimesdan

Dimesdan Living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I had one last week, was rather yummy.

18. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

It's interesting how there are always those who try to stifle freedom of expression in a critical discussion of pervasive yet maddening things by jumping in and demanding, "If you don't like it, then quit complaining and don't eat/drink/look at/etc. it."

By such logic, am I not not allowed to complain about crime just because I personally don't participate in it? :confused:

Kor

19. Dimesdan

Dimesdan Living the Irish dream. Premium Member

In which context? Taking part in criminal activity or the way that criminal activity is addressed?

Either way it is irrelivant. We're talking about a commercial product here, I'm not a fan of certain products as are many other individuals about other products, you don't see them grandstanding in here and demanding such products must be stopped.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nobody here is saying that pumpkin spice should be banned, or that it's somehow injuring us by its very presence. But Kor is right - even if it doesn't personally affect us, we still have the right to complain about its overuse.

That being said, once holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving come around, we should expect pumpkin-related products to start showing up. At least where they make sense. ;)