Salinga

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Big things are about to come:

dl.php

Trailer:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n85J7KYOtAg[/yt]

Trekcore article:
Yesterday marked the official release of Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 on Blu-Ray. The set features a dramatic trailer for the third season release with a stunning selection of clips from Season 3 remastered in HD. The trailer also includes a sneak preview into the bonus features on the third season set including the continuation of the wonderful "Stardate Revisited" / "Making it So" documentary. The trailer features clips from fan-favorite season 3 episodes including "Evolution", "The Survivors", "Booby Trap", "The Defector", "Yesterday's Enterprise", "The Offspring", "The Best of Both Worlds, Part I" and more!
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/05122012_s3trailer.html

Season 3 at Memory Alpha:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TNG_Season_3

TrekCore Screencaptures:
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/

Episode Transcripts:
http://www.chakoteya.net/nextgen/episodes.htm

DISCUSS!!!

Last edited:
Here's hoping none of the other episodes have the same cropping issues as Sins of the Father.

After watching that trailer, I can't wait till this set is released. Once I know what the release date is and Amazon makes it available for pre-order, I'm going to get it.

Really excited in the next few months to find out what kind of special features they have for this set. Now that we're getting into the heart of TNG's run, I'm not entirely sure what they can cover, but I'm sure it's a lot. I still hope they have a recent interview with Whoopi Goldberg, who shouldn't be too hard to find.

The footage looks incredible, but I have to admit I liked the more ominous buildup in the S2 trailer a lot more.

I know it officially is coming soon but is it slated for a Feb or March 2013 release?

Salinga, I would not have started this until the release date was announced but the trailer is probably just as reasonable a starting point. Thanks for keeping the title format consistent.

The shot of the Enterprise burning up in the planets atmosphere from Deja Q has always been a favourite of mine and it looks glorious in HD. I can't believe that Season two has barely been released and all we can think about is what we're about to receive. :)

Here's hoping none of the other episodes have the same cropping issues as Sins of the Father.
I'm more hoping that they fixed the framing issue. They had to go back to Sins to restore the missing HD shot anyway, so I'd be pissed if they still left it as-is.

I'm glad Trekcore has done a screengrab of Not!Picard in glorious HD! :) I love season 3 and am really looking forward to what else CBS-D have done.

I got my S2 disks yesterday and I watched the trailer for season three last night. It seemed to me that some of the footage in the trailer may have been upscaled material because in some shots Picard looks really crisp and then in other shots from the same scene he looks very soft and out of focus. Did anyone else see that or am I just imagining things?

I'm more hoping that they fixed the framing issue. They had to go back to Sins to restore the missing HD shot anyway, so I'd be pissed if they still left it as-is.

I think it is confirmed somewhere, maybe TrekCore, that the framing of Sins of the Father is remaining as-is.

I got my S2 disks yesterday and I watched the trailer for season three last night. It seemed to me that some of the footage in the trailer may have been upscaled material because in some shots Picard looks really crisp and then in other shots from the same scene he looks very soft and out of focus. Did anyone else see that or am I just imagining things?
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's during the scene in "Best of Both Worlds" where the Borg beam aboard the bridge to abduct Picard. In one shot everything looks perfect. They cut to the Borg and back to almost the exact same shot as before, only with poor quality. I guess it's because the last cut contains an effects shot (Worf firing a phaser), whereas the former is only a normal shot of Picard and Riker.

I noticed a lot of the live action shots are nearly blown out, I really hope those are before color correction, I was temporarily blinded.

I know season 3 is where things got bright but those luma levels were way too high for comfortable viewing.

Yes, I had gotten used to the look of Season 1 remastered and to see those really bright shots from Season 3 was a bit of a shock. I never realized how much better the lighting was in the earlier seasons until now.

Yes, I had gotten used to the look of Season 1 remastered and to see those really bright shots from Season 3 was a bit of a shock. I never realized how much better the lighting was in the earlier seasons until now.

It wouldnt surprise me if the change was also money related: keeping the lighting mostly on the same level speeds setting up shots and thus is less cost intensive.

It also helps shot consistency with the film grain.

My GODS the grain was all over the place in "the child" it's like they didn't do any tests of the new film stock prior to shooting, later episodes look a lot more consistent.

Back