Spoilers Season 2 Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Groppler Zorn

Groppler Zorn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Like the Age of Ultron?

“The Age of Lorca”...

Season 7 will be Tilly in the big chair else I’m done with DSC

The DSC captains should leave in undramatic ways I think. Pike should just be like “Kay, bye” at the end of the season. Total stylistic shift away from “Klingons nearly wiped us out so we held them all hostage with a bomb and basically terrorised the whole planet into submission and hair and moustache growth”

2. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

"Unfortunately Captain Pike had an important dentist appointment next Tuesday and returned to Earth. As we have an equally important mission we were assigned a new captain for this mission that will take at least a season"
    :p

Groppler Zorn likes this.
  3. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

One of the spin-offs is gonna be a sitcom about their hijinks amongst Vulcans while Waiting for Discovery. :D

Lord Garth, cultcross and Jinn like this.
  4. Groppler Zorn

A hundred years hence:

Picard: (on the shuttle with Wesley, on the way to his “routine” heart appointment, muttering to himself) they took Pike to his dentist appointment personally, on the ship. I’m stuck in this floating camper van with Doogie Howser...

Wesley: (having not clearly heard) sir?

Picard: (looks up, panicked) uh... I said... would you like a sandwich ensign...

Jinn likes this.
  5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I still cannot believe the writers thought that was a good idea. Starfleet values, amiright?

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Starfleet Admirals always are a bit on the shady side. The truly messed up bit is that Sarek contributed to this plan.

"I disapprove of Starfleet so much I stopped talking to my son because he joined. But earlier I pulled strings to get my daughter in, and we get along great. Sort of. At least she talks to me, neither of my sons do that. Now excuse me, I need to help Starfleet plan a genocide."

7. ozzfloyd

ozzfloyd Captain Captain

Each captain could perish is bizarre ways like Spinal Tap's myriad drummers.

Ar-Pharazon and Lord Garth like this.
  8. Gepard

Sure, but their shadiness was usually presented as being in the wrong. Here we got lightly modified genocide, and this was hailed as a win for virtue.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still, Starfleet Admirals plotting genocide doesn't shock me as much as the Federation government actually authorizing it. What's that all about?

10. Groppler Zorn

Terrorism?

Yes. That is Starfleet.

Gepard likes this.
  11. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

It was? I think they were pretty straight up that Starfleet's plan was wrong. They had a whole bridge speech scene about it, and you know how much we love a speech.

Jinn, Ovation and Tuskin38 like this.
  12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah Burnham basically mutinied again.

13. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And yet no one involved got punished, both Sarek and Conrwell got to keep their jobs and a long time fan favourite character has been character assassinated.

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not really.

15. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Noone ever gets punished for this shit. We learn lessons, it's the future.

16. Groppler Zorn

Unless you’re Worf.

Gowron punished the heck out of him because he wouldn’t be his invasion buddy.

17. Gepard

The supposedly moral plan we were presented with was to threaten the Klingons with the exact same thing the admiralty was already planning. You know, the one that the show presented as "wrong." And then, yes, we got a big speech about it. Whoopdee doo.

CaptainMurdock and Longinus like this.
  18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Not at my high school, they didn't. Still have flashbacks from the epic meltdown of Grade 12 English in 1985.

Jinn likes this.
  19. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously fucked up. Michael does her mutiny threat bit again and some Klingon torturer is anointed the keeper of a weapon of mass destruction. Way to go Federation that's how we broker peace. Really is laughable that someone who started the war got to end it this way and got a blessed medal for it :wtf:

Gepard, CaptainMurdock and Longinus like this.
  20. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I think T'Kuvma was itching for a war anyway. If it wasn't one thing, it would've been something else.

All he had to hear was "We come in peace", twisted what that meant, and opened fire.

DSG2k likes this.