Scott possibly working on a new Alien?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mage, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the Scott Alien movies that have come out. People are too hung up on following-up Aliens and having Colonial Marines. That story was told, and it was a classic. But, re-doing it in some garbage fanwank way isn't my cup of tea (Blomkamp).

I like the new films because they are different and wanted to try other things than the obligatory "Marines go the the Alien planet" or the "Aliens on Earth" plots seemingly so many people want to see.

I'm all for Scott making another film. They are visually interesting and they challenge my expectations. Works for me. At least it's something besides another superhero movie.

Ovation likes this.
  2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry to say I agree. It was he that made the course correction and gave us Prometheus and then made another course correction and made Covenant and now without completing the story that he set out to tell in Prometheus HE is going to make another course correction because of HIS mess ups?

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I liked David in the first film

Saul likes this.
  4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

After "Prometheus" and "Covenant" - if anything hearing Ridley Scott is at it again makes me NOT want to see the result.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny, it's exactly the other way around for me.

Vger23 and Ovation like this.