Saturday predatory female teacher thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by gturner, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Over the years, a number of these teachers have convinced their boys to murder their husbands. Is that also informed consent? Is that also proof of emotional maturity?

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Unless I'm very much mistaken, in the case of the Ballet teacher, British law still doesn't provide for lower sentences for women.

As such, as a rapist (and yes, I'm jumping straight to her being guilty because that's what we do in rape cases), she should go to jail for a very long time.

3. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

By that reasoning, the man that raped a woman yesterday proves that all men are monsters.

The world is full if individuals. You might have been ill equipped at 15 to provide consent and could have been turned into a killer... but I don't think that should reflect on all 15 year olds. I've known people well into their 30s who weren't equipped to make consent decisions and lacked the emotional maturity needed for relationships (and they had once been 15)... it seems to me that in some cases, age really isn't the issue.

With very few exception, all of us here were teenagers once. When talking about teens, you should (first and foremost) remember what you were like back then.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

That's half the problem, isn't it ? I do remember being a teenager. If a certain science teacher of mine had come on to me, no matter how much the logical part of my brain would have been asking what the hell she was thinking, there's no way my hormones would have let me say no.

Forget emotional maturity, it's a matter of plain old maturity. To a 15 year old boy, sex = good, sex with that really hot science teacher you thought was unobtainable = even better.

5. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now I really wish that I had took ballet.

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

The "joke" you were talking about is the post containing the stereotyping that I was responding to in the first place. Evidently you feel that everyone should agree with what you think constitutes humor.

Naaa.

That said - these aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

7. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Well, I also remember.

At 16 the hottest girl at my school was the track coach (who was 25 at the time). Most of the guys I knew thought of her the same way you seem to have thought about your science teacher. But to me, she was not only hot and my coach, she was my friend (and had a lot to learn about track and field in my opinion).

Sadly our relationship (including 9 years of marriage) only lasted 13 years. And the only years of those that I regret were the last couple (as she went through a mid life crisis).

While I was in school she was single (other than having dated the water polo coach at around the time I had met her, he was considered by the girls to be the hottest guy at my school so they had been the dream couple). Our relationship wasn't that much of a secret as my parents knew about it (she even moved in with us in the spring of my senior year after breaking her nose in an accident).

Was I raging with hormones? Possibly, but our relationship wasn't based on sex. Sex wasn't a factor for the first couple of years, it was something we worked up to (as I've always thought that a relationship should be founded on friendship). Nothing happened that I didn't want to happen and nothing moved faster than I wanted it to.

To be fair, I had little in common with other teenagers. I was closer with all my teachers than with any of the students, and none of the people my age at the time seem capable of taking anything seriously. So I wouldn't have thought then (any more than now) that this would be a universally good situation for everyone. But for me, based on who I am (and was), it worked (for a little more than a decade at least).

Like I said, a world of individuals.

But it is good to know that you were like how I saw most the other students around me back then.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

What's that supposed to mean ? Am I supposed to be ashamed that I was once a 15 year old boy with a sex drive ?

When you put together the combined effects of a teenager's hormones, the messages coming from his friends about how he should want sex and should try particularly hard not to be a virgin and the simple fact that an attractive woman wants to have sex with him, I would argue strongly that his ability to give consent freely is somewhat impaired.

Setting the age at 16 is somewhat abritrary, of course, but it had to be set somewhere.

As an aside - my belief that those accused of rape should have anonymity until conviction does not exclude women like those in these two cases.

9. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

And what about the numbers of adults who are convinced to murder for another? Stupidity doesn't indicate a lack of an informed decision, just a wrong one.

Exactly. Age alone is not an indicator of anything except age. Emotional maturity, intelligence, ect, are all seperate entities from age.

10. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I clearly wasn't the only one who noticed that it was a joke.

11. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Well, you weren't ashamed before, so why would my comment matter (even if you took it wrong)? I was just noting that your description of yourself seemed like most of the people I knew in high school... which would usually be considered me agreeing with you (but apparently isn't how you took it).

I didn't set an age, I was sharing my (most personal) experiences (again, not something I would have done if I was attacking you). The age of 16 was how old I was when my family moved and I came to a new high school.

To share a little more about the story... she and I didn't see eye-to-eye when I came to the school. She was a distance runner and knew nothing about sprints/hurdles, I was already one of the fastest hurdlers in the county. We fought on most things for the first 9 months or so that we knew each other... but in the end I always did things my way. But after the first couple meets of my junior year she started to realize that I really knew what I was doing and let me start coaching the other athletes (sprinters/hurdlers).

But this is what I meant (much earlier) in that newspaper stories aren't going to give you this type of information about the relationship. They only cover the tawdry aspects of the affair because that is the only part most readers are interested in.

Maybe a few sexual encounters was all there was in the cases noted at the beginning of the thread. Maybe there was more to it. In my experience sex wasn't a big factor, and looking back, sex isn't the aspects I recall the most. In fact the first time we had sex (which was my first time) isn't a highlight for me... the first time she fell a sleep on my lap while watching a movie (A Christmas Carol) is one of the strongest romantic memories I have.

At any rate... I wasn't attacking you, nor should you ever feel embarrassed or ashamed for being you. :techman:

12. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

That's true. Other people were wrong as well. ;)

13. gturner

gturner Admiral

Not to change the subject, but another one of my acquaintences has made the news, this time the national news! :)

I drank beer with this guy out by my pond, and he and his fraternity brother (who often visits, once bringing us some geese he shot) tried some of my hot peppers out of the garden.

Fox News story

He had the guy wrapped up like a mummy - and I guess he had a lighter, and beer. That pretty much set the stage for what followed.

Another frequent guest here crashed his truck through a house in Richmond, then managed to back out and drive away before walking back a half hour later after his truck up and died. He blew something like three times the legal limit but didn't serve a day in jail.

14. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Well played.

15. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

I believe Hermiod was referring not to your personal experience, but to the legal age of consent. I believe that's 16 in the United Kingdom. In the U.S. it's between 16 and 18, depending on the state, with 16 being the most common.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's motivation, not impairment. ;)

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I took it as you suggesting that you were somehow above the ordinary hormonal behaviour of an average teenage boy when you were 15. It appears I was wrong, I apologise.

You didn't set an age, I didn't set an age, the law set an age.

No, RJ, it's an impairment. A 15 year old is legally incapable of giving consent, sex without consent is rape.

18. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Legally, but not realistically. I was certainly capable of giving consent when I was 15 (and did, actually, though she was only about two years older). My point was that being highly motivated to do something does not equal impaired judgment-- it just equals enthusiasm.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

When I was 15/16 I tried my best to get with this hot 30 year-old woman that worked at a grill my friend and I used to go to...even convinced her I was 18 :lol: ...but eventually she found out the truth.

:(

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

As I said earlier, the law was set at 16. You can make the argument for lowering it, but right now it's still 16. That makes the women in these cases rapists whether they think they are or not.

You are free to disagree with the law, we both live in democracies and believe me there are more than a few things I disagree with about British rape laws but as it stands, the law doesn't give much room in this matter.

What will most likely happen is that the women in these cases will not go to jail, they'll get off with a slap on the wrist simply because a 15 year old boy cannot make a decision on consent either way, such consent is presumed - it's assumed that all men, especially young men, want sex all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.