Sam Lavelle & Nicholas Locarno

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Nathan, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

I am working on a Fan Fic story of Lavelle (of TNG's Lower Decks) and Nicholas Locarno (TNG's First Duty) as sort of a bromance of main characters.
    Lavelle ends up in Star Fleet Intelligence and Locarno is in Section 31 (he still likes Star Fleet despite getting the boot). They team together for some mission. I suppose is someone cliché-ish that at first they don't like each other but then develop a healthy respect for each other.
    Thought perhaps they team up to rescue Sito (as she was in both episodes) or just something new.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "rescue of Sito" has been done over and over. My "something new" is the rescuing of/helping of Romulan defectors.

Anyway, I know the answer can be, "hey pal, you can write whatever you want to", but is the real answer "hey pal, can't you do better than that?"

Any thoughts?

Nathan

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I might not go as far as bromance, something about the two tells me they wouldn't get that close, but a grudging respect would be something that could develop depending on the mission. Personally, I'd say have them both be Starfleet Intelligence mainly because I never really bought the whole Section 31 thing (also if Locarno is a S31 operative no one else, not even those in SI, would be aware of that due to their super secret nature). You could work in some very interesting backstory for Locarno--whose to say he wasn't recruited as a cadet?

I too, like most fans of her, have a story for "Whatever Happened to Ensign Sito?" Though I take a somewhat different cant than what I've seen elsewhere.

3. Nathan

Nathan Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, you probably right, a "grudging respect" is more like it. I actually wanted the "what happened to Sito" to be sorta the Pilot episode -- for lack of a better word. and then one more story with my clique-ish Romulan defector story. I suppose it'll be Lavelle as the XO as part of Starfleet Intel heavy spy ship crew with Locarno on-board as the "mission commander" half the fun is just writing the story, even tho' it probably truly horrible, but just a nice side hobby.