Ron D. Moore about VOY

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Salinga, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The episode where this is explained is called Tattoo from season 2.

The aliens who acted as the benefactors to his ancestors on Earth were originally from the Delta Quadrant. So when they meet them. These aliens are about to kill Voyager's away team, when they pause and say "Wow! What a coincidence! You have a tattoo just like our tattoo! So maybe we won't kill you after all." The rest of the episode was about a flash back to when Chakotay was 16 on a bush trek with his father trying to get in touch with their roots and sentiments, but instead they run across Alien hybrid Indians who have never seen the rest of the 24th century, who give Chakotay and his father tattoos.

It's just awful.

I do like the actor who plays his papa though.

Henry Darrow.

He was the dad on the Duncan Regehr Zorro from the 90s.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's so awful that in my recent rewatch of season 1-3 episodes I disliked and so had not seen in years I skipped it :lol:

3. Guy Gardener

His youth, I didn't mind.

It was meeting his gods in the DQ that was terrible.

They all found some unlikely connections to their pasts off in deep deep space, but come on!

4. teacake

If I was in the DQ and ran into someone from my past I'd be a little pissed off. Just how small IS the galaxy?!

5. Guy Gardener

Kim found his real family.

They claimed that he had found his way home on purpose because it was written into his dna as a genetic imperative like he's a fricking Salmon.

Which means that Kim somehow subconsciously in the pilot triggered Caretakers attention to nab and rape Voyager.

Seriously.

She finally figures out that it's all Kim's fault and not a tot is it her complication no longer and rather than keel hauling the bugger for forcing her to mistakenly face such terrible demons from the guilt of stranding her crew in the back ass-end of no where, Kathy sends Harry on his way to be eaten by duplicitous space vampires.

Methinks Kathryn knew that they were duplicitous space Vampires all along.

6. teacake

SO his DNA is a rogue agent that demanded his return but the demanders are also lying?

7. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Chakotay was raised on a planet on the edge of Cardassian space where his people had settled generations ago to live a traditional lifestyle.

The events outlined in "Tattoo" are from a trip to Earth he made with his father to locate the Indians of their tribe who still (implausibly) live in the rainforest, unseen by human eyes. Oh, and they have cranial ridges.

8. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

And if they had used the Kirok background, I wouldn't have watched Voyager past that episode. I might have even shot my TV.

9. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

The open submission policy brought in a lot of great sophisticated stories that had nothing to do with anyone specifically on staff in particular. It was a high concept show and that is not Moore's bread and butter. He wasn't a good fit for a TNG clone. When Menosky and Shankar left, the show went south and Moore's episodes sucked though he does have style but no real substance. He writes memorable characters but that is not where TPTB wanted and were headed. It was Braga's show and lead and he lead it into a nebulous ambiguous mess like he is. Moore is a light weight stud, hideously clever, yes but not smarter or better than Braga who was ironically though not the best person to run the show. In that particular regard, Moore was better but more mediocre so.. his hyper inflated ego had to be burst.

10. Guy Gardener

Portlandia would never be so kind to Voyager as it was to BSG.

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I don't give a shit what Moore thinks.

His runs on TNG and DS9 were seriously overrated and BSG had characters that were so screwed up that I just quit caring. It was like having a bunch of whiny Anakin Skywalker's.

12. Guy Gardener

If Anikan met himself, he's totally the sort of guy who woul make out with him(self).

"You're the only one who understands me."

"You're the only one who cares."

13. teacake

I liked that they were screwed up. Kara was so horribly familiar.. and most people were dead wrong most of the time.

14. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I once gave this a lot of thought, and decided that the most likable characters (in terms of integrity and all that) were Helo, and Doc. Which is kind of funny since they're about 8th or 9th down the chain of actors.

15. teacake

I worshiped Roslin.

I am so predictable.

16. Guy Gardener

I'm watch the actress underneath Ros on Major Crimes and I'm not sure is she knows how to act.

She just gives a lot of speeches.

17. teacake

I thought the scenes with a chemo-bald Roslin in bed with Adama were the single most romantic thing I've ever seen on a screen.

18. Guy Gardener

And when the crew is in Adamas quarters talking about very important things, and she just casually walks into the conversation only wearing her bathrobe, straight out of his bedroom... RESULT!

The looks on their faces!

How long has thing been going on?

Did you know?

No I didn't know, how the hell would I know?

Dude? How are we talking telepathically?

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Eww... glad I skipped out on the show when I did.

20. Guy Gardener

He loved her.

He didn't care.

It was pure.

It was lovely.