Ron D. Moore about VOY

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Salinga, Jan 2, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

As you just said, the sky can be in your bedroom.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We'll always have Janesville.

3. teacake

That's Jaynesville.

And yes, better than Paris.

4. Guy Gardener

I had Jaynesville, then I looked on google to confirm the spelling and it told me that I was a loser.

Google lies.

5. teacake

It is FULL of shit.

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, you guys are just mad because BSG had the same ending as "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe." :p

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I always thought VOY fans pissed it ended. Full stop.

8. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    yay i am glad you like it,it is very interesting overall.

9. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Who the Hell does Ron D. Moore think he is.

do you want a list of episodes you see Voyager trading,or low on power...there are so many episodes to chose from,hes critics are so harsh,he needs to calm down.
    No!!! it was not a lie. a lot of hard work was put on the show and it was and will always be a great TREK series.
    Lasted 7 long years and had a decent amount of Viewers and a nice fan base,as well as some of the best episodes in history.

10. teacake

Eh, you might as well ask "who does Robert Beltran think he is" as he's been harsher.

They worked on the shows, they are bitching from quite a different perspective than whatever we might bitch about.

11. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Beltran, and Ryan, and Blalock are quite right.

Fortunatly, Voyager and Enterprise do have some good things going for them.

Edit: And I had no idea until yesterday that Piller kept the Roddenberry bible after he (Roddenberry) passed.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  12. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Well beltran did not like the show,did not like the cast,did not like hes character...he is also very annoying,its a dam job!!!
    you do it get paid and forget about it,instead he goes around in hes videos on youtube etc acting like a child.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How is that different that how you've been going around posting about how great Voyager is? People aren't going to share the same opinions and have the right to voice them.

You may as well be critical of someone because they don't share the same favorite color as you.

14. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Well i don't mind people having different opinions,as long they have real arguments.
    Mr Moore said Voyager never traded or struggled for supplies and power and that was clearly wrong because there were many episodes.

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh sure there are a handful of episodes they are doing this, a couple each season I'd say, but this is the exception and not the rule. When you factor in there are a 172 episodes, I'd say that number falls in under ten percent. It's a perfectly valid argument to say for the majority of the episodes, they could've just been "boldly going" like they were in TOS and TNG.

16. Guy Gardener

Moore was only around for season 6. And probably only a couple weeks of season 6. They did all their resource episodes already in the first 5 years, and whoever was in charge of the writers room was probably sick of turning down those pitches that Voyager was running out of this and had to put the ship into danger to get it because all the shops were shut, and demanded a fresh take.

He produced Equinox part 2 and survival instinct and then RAN.

I'm assuming that the season 6 stories, barge of the dead and survival instinct which he was responsible for where submitted while he was still producing equinox or survival instinct. (Typing while referencing. Shut up.)

Wow.

Survival Instinct is like almost the worst episode of Voyager ever.

It's horrible.

17. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

They were nearly the same, but BSG's ending was way more surreal. ;)

But Bath Guy was just about as surreal in each. Maybe he's a bit like the Eternal Champion.

18. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Well Equinox was amazing and Survival instinct was decent.
    I am also glad he left.

19. Guy Gardener

That's Captain Bathguy to you.

20. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but at the same time always short on supplies thing would have gotten a little redundant after a while too. That and the crew would have looked like idiots if after 3 years they couldn't figure out how to keep the ship stocked and supplied. What type of survivalist are they if they are still having the same supply issues by s5 as they did in s1? Come on, a ship full of scientists and Engineers can't think of a way to fix those problems? Their jobs are to do nothing but think of ways to solve problems and create things to fix it.

On BSG he purposely made life harder for them by making Galactica a 20 year old out of date ship and the supplies they needed hard to come by because there wasn't anybody else in their universe but them and the Cylons. He purposely wrote that all the most creative minds were dead. Seriously in all the fleet of survivors from Caprica, the only scientist/creative mind to survive is Baltar? In Trek, nearly every planetary system has life in it. How hard can it be to find supplies or repairs when you can find people to barter with almost everywhere you go? So yeah, looking at it from that perspective IMO his critiques of Voyager having continued supply and power problems for the whole trip don't make much sense. Which he clearly had to know seeing how he made the BSG universe a dead one in order to give them the supply and power issues.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013