Romances of the week. What if...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Oddish, May 30, 2022.

1. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

he wouldn't have pursued emotions but proper ears

Oddish and Ragitsu like this.
  2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree season 1 is too soon, but if they could've retained Crosby, I think season 2 could've been fine to start down that road with Geordi. Old Geordi didn't even get a featured episode in season 2, unless you count Samaritan Snare.

3. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yar and Worf for me. I think they’d sizzle together.

La Forge and Gomez would constantly be will they won’t they as it’s inappropriate given he’s her superior, until they’re marooned in some planet together and finally go for it thinking they’ll die.

Speaking of engineering staff, how about Duffy and…Ben in Ten-Forward? This is fantasyland so let’s get an gay couple going in the 80’s. Duffy’s uptight and Ben’s the opposite, they could be magic together.

Here’s one for you…who’s Guinan hookong up with?

4. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Ten hot fudge sundaes with whipped cream and cherries. Romance is more trouble than it's worth.

5. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty sure Guinan probably had a bunch of lovers and husbands in her time, considering that she says she has multiple children.
    It would also work with how long Elaurians live.

6. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

With their home world gone, I doubt overpopulation is an issue for them.

BTW, I misread the last... thought it was "Who's Guinan hooking you up with?" :o

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Naahh ... either Ishara or Sela.

Kurn.

How about Moriarty?

Barclay could be turned into Evil Geordi pretty easily.

Oddish likes this.
  8. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Has any Star Trek series had relationships with more than two people?
    I remember these two.
    DS9 'Sanctuary' had a family from Gamma quadrant which had a wife leading the family and she had two husbands.
    In ENT Vissians used Cogenitors to have children but I guess in their case the Cogenitors aren't exactly in a relationship with the couple as they're going around with many couples?
    Am I remembering those wrong, it has been a long time since I watched those episodes....

9. Wally

Wally Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Phlox. He had 3 wives each who had 2 other husbands for a total of... 10 people in a relationship? We only ever saw one of the wives, though.

Otherwise, there is the famous 'Andorians marry in groups of four' but I don't think that has been dealt with outside of the Novelverse (maybe I'm wrong, I haven't seen most of nuTrek yet)

10. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bolians are supposedly polyamorous

11. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

80s/90s Trek had enough trouble building good romances between two cast members, and you want them to attempt a poly-amorous one?

12. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

Well, how about...
    What if there's a relationship between four individuals, two male and two female.
    One serves on Vulcan in science ministry, one is a Klingon Bat'leth repair engineer in Qo'noS and two of them end up on a same starship. That relationship develops much deeper and the two feel left out? That's when the Bat'leth engineer develops an even sharper blade, the science expert develops hatred powder to be given to the two who are so much in love.... and so on. Endless possibilities. =)

13. Arpy

We were conjecturing a couple weeks back in the General Trek Zoom what a future Trek series following the Berman era model might include by way of new characters and storylines. E.g. bald “foreigner” captain to black captain to female captain to…I always though Archer should have been gay; it would certainly would have meant more then than now. Anyway, I think a trans captain would be great now, and to round out the cast maybe a non-humanoid, someone with a neurodiverse personality (adhd, autistic, bipolar), and yes maybe a polyamorous character. I think these would be less trodden territory to explore, say on the far end of Federation space, away from most of the aliens we’re familiar with, on a new ship unlike anything we’ve seen before…an intelligent one? Not quite Andromeda or Moya but its own new thing.

14. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

a trans captain from florida by the name of rosalind desantis

15. Arpy

Blech, that and the Third World War can remain in the 21st Century.

[Let us pray] The Human Adventure is Just Beginning.

16. Ruthyone

Ruthyone Guest

:lol::lol::lol:

17. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

So, like Kirk but they're bald and blue.