Rocko's DS9 Trailer 2.0

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by SirRocko711, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bgeller

bgeller Cadet Newbie

Nice trailer

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love both. Very cinematic in style and edited to perfection. Definitely ones for my playlist.

3. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just saw the original trailer you made and I am impressed by your editing skills. I think some of the clips you choose for this trailer work very well. The captured the feel and the theme of the show brilliantly.

I do however feel that the music doesn't work. First of all, what is the Babylon 5 theme doing there? Granted, the music fits the visuals but any music fan will recognize it and immediality think of that other spacestation show. Furthermore, you don't even use the theme from Deep Space Nine anywhere. I think it would've worked brilliantly at the end instead of the Dragonheart music. I also recognized John Barry's Dances with Wolves theme.... and I have my doubts as well about that. Trek music has had a lot of (unfair) criticism but you certainly could've gotten better music from some of the Trek movie soundtracks.

Still, nice work. It makes me want to rewatch the show.

EDOT: I just saw the second version. Much, much better. :D

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was freakin awsome! I think that if you showed that to a non-Trek fan they might actually wanna watch the show.

5. Who_Trek

Who_Trek Commander Red Shirt

That was a great vid :) -- it made my day!

6. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh! Too late: File Not Found.

7. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Really? Bummer.

I think several of us downloaded it though - it was really good.

Maybe it's time to take down this thread though, if the video is no longer available...