Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Right but they had numbers, how many 'patriot' soldiers do you think are hanging about cuba with the president? It's not enough to take over the country they need some type of advantage just like the Monroe republic had when they were powering the helicopters

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

It might be enough to get started, and hope you pick up a groundswell of popular support as you go.

Sure, their army isn't large, but since a VAST majority of the global population is dead, gotta think much smaller. It's not taking over the 250 Million plus of today, it's working on a small fraction of that, spread out over a big distance. No cars/tanks/planes, tv or phones, so you can work smaller areas, campaigns would take years to wrap up.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It took the Romans 40 years to conquer Britain. However, the Patriots have automatic weapons I'd think which is a game changer.

[​IMG]

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

But then again, everyone else has automatic weapons as well.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It may have taken the Romans 40 years to conquer Britain, but lets also remember that they had to redoit a couple times a century after they declared victory because the invasion wouldn't permanently take for any meaningful duration.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could also see a lot of people going over to their side once they heard they were the "real US government". The people rebelling against Monroe wanted to bring back the USA, and as long as the Patriots are able to cover up any negative actions (which would a lot easier in a post-electricity world), and convince people they were telling the truth, I could see a lot of them and other people who remember the US going over to the Patriots.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just wanted to let everyone know that they added Season 1 to Netflix streaming service earlier this week.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No big loss. I'm sure Netflix will survive.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished watching the second half of the season. How many times do characters change sides!?! We don't like this guy, now we trust him, now we don't...oh wait, now we're friends again?

And how many of the lead characters have committed massacres? All of the leads are basically war criminals or terrorists, which would be fine if the show had a little more depth and more serious tone but it plays like an action series from the eighties--I keep waiting for The A-Team to show up.

That's my rant.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

YAY! I love Jim Beaver.

And after that finale, I need a reason not to just walk away from this show right now.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome! Jim Beaver was one of my favorite cast members on Supernatural.