Spoilers Resident Alien (2020 SyFy)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Skipper, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, a little elfish. I like her :)

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, three if you count Mike's dad.

Skipper likes this.
  3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pizza delays the end of the world! I always knew it! :guffaw::guffaw:

Such an awesome finale, i have laughed so much

- Max' parents going apeshit on the government agents ( truly Daredevil and Black Widow :lol:)
    - Harry near an orgasm while eating Pizza
    - The Sheriff losing much of his obnoxiousness and Liv hugging him to death
    - Darcy getting revenge for Asta's kid ( though i don't condone the type of prank, others could have been seriously injured)
    - Max stowing away on the ship and my favorite line from the show "This is some bullshit!"

So good the show is getting a second season, most likely the one government agent left out in the cold ( "Kill you later!" :lol:) will join the Harry band and the government will have a nice awakening when they discover they captured the wrong person.
    Also what will happen to Harry now that his superiors must assume he failed his mission ( they might not even know he changed his mind)?

Can't wait for the second season! :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Commander Troi and auntiehill like this.
  4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Initially, when "Harry" tested his device upon...
    the real Vanderspeigal's (sp?) body and then got burned touching it, I thought that would prevent him from activating it. Basically, he's now too physically human and would be evaporated along with the rest of humanity. I didn't consider it had a "timer" and he'd use his craft like a "bomber", dropping the "ticking" weapon. I assumed it would be instantaneous.

Okay, the BIG mystery/cliffhanger for me...why did the real Harry kill the resident doctor?! Again, I got fooled. I that that was our "resident alien" poisoning the insulin until we cut to the cabin and saw I saw the alien hand grasping the snow covered deck railing.

I know the thread itself is labeled as a spoiler, but I'm just trying to be extra conscientious for those who have not yet seen the episode. Basically, "expand at your own risk".

5. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only two explanations that I can think are
    1. He wanted the job. But really, it doesn't make any sense. What if they just chose another doctor?
    2. He had an affair with the doctor's widow. Still it doesn't make sense. She never tried to contact him after the death of the husband.

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depending how these episodes are written, I can imagine the writing staff debating whether to do it "as aired" or alternatively, have the truck roll down a dead end road and plow into a tree. I suspect others would have countered the intersection more accurately reflected Darcy's "impulsive" mindset, not really thinking through events and their possible consequences to bystanders.

7. The Wormhole

Well, that was a blast. The only real quibble I have is they never did explain why Harry's people want humanity wiped out. Also, though I imagine they'll touch on this in the second season, if a certain amount of time goes by without Harry going through with the plan, won't they just send someone else to go through with it?

Commander Troi likes this.
  8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

My impression is that they're doing it to benefit the other lifeforms on the planet, particularly their relatives the octopuses. Getting rid of humans will save the planet for all the other life forms. Remember when Harry, thinking he had failed in his mission, apologized to those fishes in the diner's freezer? Like he had let the oceans down by not extinguishing humanity.

9. The Wormhole

Hmm, I guess that works. I guess that just leave, are Harry's people going to send someone else to finish the job?

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Could be and i could see that as the storyline for season 2, Harry and his gang preventing another alien from completing the mission ( while still keeping Harry's identity a secret).

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a great finale.
    The real Harry being the killer was a huge shock. It will be interesting to see if how they deal with that if it continues to be an issue as the show goes on. Even if alien Harry didn't do it, he's not taken on the identity of the guy who did, and can't really prove it wasn't him without revealing he's an alien.
    Harry not hitting the button on the weapon because he wanted pizza was hilarious. And then we got the later punchline that he forgot it when he left.
    Max's parents going nuts on Casper and Logan was unexpected, and the fact that they got so turned on by it was kinda disturbing.
    It was nice to finally see Sheriff Mike actually being nice to Liv.
    I was surprised they left off with the General McAllister and her people still holding Dr. Ethan captive. I'm assuming since they saw Harry in his ship, they'll let him go.
    Asta's talk with Harry before he left was a nice moment for them. That was a really fun friendship they built up between them.
    Max accidently stowing away on the ship was a nice little cliffhanger.
    [​IMG]

Commander Troi likes this.
  12. Kraig

Kraig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. He is setting up the doctor's widow for murder (by using Botox and knowing she has access to it), and getting rid of the doctor at the same time.

Why? We will probably find out sometime in season 2.

It does make you fell less sorry for the demise of Dr. Harry Vanderspeigle at the beginning of the show. Karma is a bitch best served cold in Patience, Colorado.

I'm looking forward to season 2.

Skipper and Commander Troi like this.
  13. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

Just started watching the show about 3 or 4 episodes in. Very funny stuff. Was that Lost In Space that they were watching in the flash back scene at the light house?

14. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Yes, it was.

15. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Just finished....so glad it has been picked up for season 2. Nathan as the octopus was the best thing!

16. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I stumbled upon this show by accident, and I am so glad I did. I mean, I adore Alan Tudyk in anything he does, so I was already on board the moment I fired up the first episode. So glad it's getting a second season!

Commander Troi, KennyB and auntiehill like this.
  17. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Just finished binging the show over the past week. Man, what a blast. Hilarious. I love the switching between and intermixing of goofy and dark humor. There's never been an alien character quite like Harry! Tudyk was perfect in the role and the supporting characters were all quirky in an interesting way! So glad there's a 2nd season!

18. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

I've watched this all now that it's been on Sky in the UK, really enjoyed it. Tudyk is hilarious but the supporting cast were great too, not a weak one among them. I liked that Harry didn't become totally human and changed by the end of the season, he only stopped from wiping out humanity due to Asta's friendship and could have just as easily killed us all. He cared more about his pizza than the fate of humanity. I hope he stays as "alien" for the whole series.

Commander Troi and Amaris like this.
  19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yeah, the "oh no! ...I forgot the pizzas!" bit was hilarious.

20. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just got around to watching the first episode. Some of the dialogue is absolutely atrocious, but I enjoyed it overall. I think it can only get better.