Remastered "Miri"!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by acappellasaurus, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Why are there "repeats" in that list?

:wtf:

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Because they are re-airing them :p

There are people who miss them when they first air (like me ;) ).

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Like Rama and others it didn't air here. It was supposed to air on Monday morning at 1:35, but it was changed at the last minute to be an encore of Balance of Terror.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    We here in the Roanoke viewing area got "Miri" at precisely 11:00pm last night, just as promised by the channel. I dunno if they'll rerun either of yesterday's episodes before next weekend, but we here in my area DID get one airing apiece of the new remastered episodes...and at very reasonable times(3pm, 11:00).

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Because it's a show in weekly syndication, and that's the way such shows are always released, even when they are reruns like Stargate SG-1.

6. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

Didn't get to see "Miri" in this area. The tv listings had it scheduled Sunday but we got a repeat of Enterprise's "Regeneration" instead. :(

I did get to see "Balance of Terror" on saturday tho. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed with the new effects. It may be clearer for HDTV but comes across as artificial-looking and dark over the air on my station. :o

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well. No one is getting it in HDTV, as it hasn't been released that way. Though I imagine the HD station would still look better than the OTA ones.

I watched BoT again (and Miri) and I'm still pleased with this work, and look forward to what future episodes may offer.

8. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

Thats one of the best F/X shots in all of the original series.

The fade of vina from young to old was also of note from the cage.

9. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

One thing I think you guys are missing about the order in which the episodes are being released is that they're likely doing them in an order that doesn't put effects heavy episodes back to back. It's a common technique. You have 26 weeks to do 26 episodes, but some episodes require a buttload of work, and others require very little, so you spend 8 days on the effects heavy episode and 2 on the "lite" episode. In the end, all that matters is that you get them out on time and your overall budget isn't exceeded. I bet Miri was chosen because it was so effects light after BoT.

10. LavianoTS386

LavianoTS386 Admiral Admiral

^ I think that fact was addressed a week ago.

11. cooleddie74

The shot of McCoy's belmishes/scabs "fading" was essentially the same...only this time around Okuda and the CGI team simply used the very first shot after Spock grabs and turns his head, then digitally "erased" each blemish one by one without reusing the jerky original shots where you can see Nimoy's hands slightly changing positions on De Kelley's face as each spot of makeup was manually removed between takes.

12. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I'm glad some of you guys (and gals) got to see it. I was out of town and had to record the episodes. I faithfully programmed in the times for Balance of Terror and Miri. Today I finally got some time to watch them. BoT was nice but suffered from jarring commercial editing (I sure hope they release these soon on HD-DVD). As for Miri, I ended up with the Enterprise episode Regeneration. While I normally enjoy this particular Mike Sussman episode, I really wanted to see Miri. I hope my affiliate don't pull that little stunt again this weekend. False advertising, I tell 'ya!

Q2UnME

13. cooleddie74

If it makes you feel ANY better at all, we here in Roanoke almost got screwed over on "Balance of Terror," because it was slated to air at 11:00 am in the morning for the better part of two weeks, but at the last minute the local CW affiliate aired a SMALVILLE rerun instead. :rolleyes: "BoT" didn't come on until four hours later...at 3 in the afternoon...after STARGATE: SG1 and ATLANTIS repeats had been shown. This had not been announced whatsoever.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Were there any new shots on the planet itself?

I ask this because when Spock and the landing party are in the street, then Spock says "Come on!" and they all go running off, the cityscape as seen behind them seems to have more depth to it.

15. Holytomato

Holytomato Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Down here Channel 5 runs Star Trek on Saturdays at 8pm, (the episode that FOX ran the week before( and FOX runs the next episode on Sundays at 8pm (originally at 9pm but changed it without informing viewers :wtf: )

So I've seen Plato's Stepchildren, and Miri...Twice! :devil:

I still want to see TNG style interior and exterior warp bubble shots; and Star Trek: Legacy detailing on Enterprise or it least The Making of Star Trek/ Franz Joseph detailing

but...it's still yummy.

The Miri Planet looked awesome. It looked just like my Dorling Kindersley Earth atlas cd rom.

This is my mom's (non trekker) comment.

16. WHF

WHF Captain Captain

On the viewscreen the ship is travelling West but on exerior shots the Enterprise is travelling East. Was this the same in the original?