Recruitment threadsfor playing Trek games on-line

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Daven1461

Daven1461 Cadet Newbie

Ever wanted to visit the past? Well Now's your chance to play in the past. The USS Archimedes is a Daedalus class ship set int he Enterprise Era, shortly after the founding of the Federation and the end of the Romulan-Earth War. All positions available, except Captain of course :) So come join us and have some fun. http://www.archimedes.spcsimms.net/nova

Also send me an Email with the heading USS Archimedes to let me know you are wanting to apply and what position you are applying for. Daven1461@live.com

2. Jewel Dartt

Jewel Dartt Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone, let me introduce myself. I am Brigadier General Jewel Dartt Commanding Officer of the USS Cairo-C a Luna-class Starship. Your probably thinking that this is a complete Marine ship, well its not we are a mixture of both Marine and Starfleet to give us a unique touch. To have the best of both worlds per say. Are you looking for a place to put your character? Well look no further the USS Cairo is the place for you. Why you ask? Well the Cairo has been going strong since October 2009. We have a interesting touch to the Cairo as you can play a active PNPC besides your PC character if you so choose. Their is always something going on and always something to write about. We are a NOVA/SMS based sim, ya must be 18 years or older to join. We also have a OOC forum for discussions, games, etc to get everyone interacting with each other and give everyone a voice in the sim.

I am currently looking for the following positions that need to be filled. If you feel like you would like to apply feel free to go to www.usscairo.com

Chief Positions:

Chief Flight Control Officer
    Chief Strategic Operations Officer
    Chief Security/Tactical Officer
    Chief Operations Officer
    Chief Engineering Officer
    Chief Science Officer
    Chief Medical Officer
    Chief Counselor
    Chief Intelligence Officer
    Chief Diplomatic Officer
    Group Commander-Starfighter Wing

And many Assistant and other positions available if your not looking for a Chief Position. Please feel free to look around the site and if something interest you please join. Hope to see you aboard the USS Cairo.

3. Dark Future

Dark Future Cadet Newbie

Star trek - Dark Future recruiting now!

Hi,
    We are old school 'Birth of the federation' fanatics, as such we have developed a game for star trek fans to play on a 7-10 day average turn submission basis.

Engage in this combination of Wargaming combined with Roleplay in the early years of the Star Trek universe and beyond. Choose from 1 of 13 currently available races and build your empire through conquest, diplomacy and colonization. Perhaps you wish to guide your empire in the ways of stealthy espionage and sabotage or perhaps you favour diplomacy over brutal conquest, or are you the kind of player that believe becoming a trade empire is the best way to advance... all these option are open to you. Included is the ability to micromanage your systems and vessel and all important research as you decide on which class of vessels to invest time and research in. But dont think that other players are the only threats you face, Q has warned that something has changed in the timeline and something dark is coming, things may not be as they seem in this... Dark future.

Take a look at this mix of forum roleplay combined with wargaming, as PBeMs go i have yet to see something similiar.

This is the link to the forum, please take a look and help us make this a great game. www.darkfuture.forumotion.co.uk

4. rachel12

rachel12 Guest

Is anyone intrested in playing GTA online ?/

5. Korczynski

Korczynski Captain Captain

I'm a member of the Terran Stellar Navy which runs a regular duty shift using the Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator.

(In an amusing revelation, one of the game authors first promoted Artemis SBS on the Trek BBS some time ago...)

Artemis SBS v2.0 can be purchased on the author's site or on Steam for a modest fee. It's also available for iOS and Android.

As mentioned previously the TSN RP group operates a regular duty shift on Saturday at 2100 UTC. In addition to four commissioned starships, the TSN 2nd Fleet, 4th Light Division operates regular training for cadets. Membership comprises people from all over the world - Europe, South America, North America, and Australia. Voice comms are utilised through a dedicated TeamSpeak server that is available for the broader Artemis community.

Have a look at the Getting Started page and join the Terran Stellar Navy today!

Lieutenant Neimad Korczynski
    First Officer
    TSN Phoenix, CL-262

6. misfit815

misfit815 Cadet Newbie

This is for anyone who is looking for a strong role-playing environment with a Star Trek theme - one that is free and fits whatever schedule you have.

The game is TrekMUSH: Among the Stars (http://wiki.trekmush.org/index.php/Main_Page). It is a PennMUSH server, a variant of a MUD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD), the granddaddy of MMO's. It is the oldest and one of the largest Star Trek themed MUDs in existence (http://mudstats.com/Genre/StarTrek). Current stardate is about 88000, with the MUSH diverging from canon at stardate 49011.4.

MUD's are frequently divided into factions or guilds. The playable factions in ATS are the Federation, the Klingon Empire, the Galactic Ferengal Alliance, and the Cardassian Union. New players (http://wiki.trekmush.org/index.php/Newusers) are encouraged to start within the Federation, which is considered to be the most newbie-friendly. But once you have an understanding of the game, possibilities for character variations are endless and the admins are very supportive of anyone who has a good reputation and a good idea.

Since the server is over 20 years old, it has a great deal of sophistication. Space travel, the economy, personal combat, character advancement - these are all supported by coded subsystems. ASpace, the code that supports space travel and space combat, is an incredible work of art. It manages to be both technically challenging and very supportive of role-playing situations while working within the confines of a text-based game (http://wiki.trekmush.org/index.php/Console_Commands).

Yes, MUD's are historically text-based, and ATS is no exception. But to anyone who is more comfortable playing graphical MMO's, I'd say that the graphics take away the role-playing. If you want to be a button-masher, keep your graphics. But if you care about plot and storyline and character development and real role-playing interaction, throw away the graphics.

To play ATS, you need just one thing - a client. I recommend Gammon's MUSHclient (http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/). It's free and stable - it simply works, and works simply. I personally run it in Wine on Linux without a hitch. Once you have your client, you'll want to connect to ats.trekmush.org:1701. That's address ats.trekmush.org, port 1701.

At the connection point, you're given the option to sign on as a guest. From there, you can get your questions answered on the recruiting channel. The syntax is '+rec hello world'. In other words, type '+rec' followed by whatever you want to say.

Which brings me to my last point - like any MMO, the game is always up. There are always people online. It's the deep role-playing you'd expect from play-by-email or play-by-post, but it's real-time, all the time. And once you're there, look me up. I'm Novi, a Trill in the GFA.

J