Recommend Picard-centric novels for someone who's only watched Trek on film and TV

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by RonG, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, they weren't all that practical. They looked nice but it's probably not to user friendly, plus I imagine it's hot in a turtleneck and a jacket. I guess that's why the security and engineering officers/crew wore something different. Though I have difficulty imagining Scotty crawling inside the engine in that white suit they had them wear (which in TWOK's defense was a holdover from TMP--as well as the security uniforms).

Actually to be honest for all the flak TMP uniforms get, they were much more practical for day to day duties on a starship. I think had they just changed the uniform pants to black, those uniforms may not have looked as bad.

2. marlboro

marlboro Guest

This was an interesting thread (well, before it became a discussion about uniforms anyway) that I wanted to contribute to when it was new. I was too slow though, and all of the books that I was gonna recommend had already been mentioned.

Fortuitously, I just finished a TNG novel called The Forgotten War by William R. Forstchen and it's a very good Picard showcase, imo. If the OP is still looking for Picard-centric books, this is one I'd recommend. Maybe not another "Buried Age" but definitely worth a look.

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star Trek TNG Reunion is about Picard and some of the Star gazer crew by Micheal Jan Friedman.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you missed the title of the book.

5. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

TNG: Reunion?

6. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Another recommendation for The Buried Age - a very good read, IMO.

Kilana2 and Paris like this.
  7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry Jinn for the confusion my cat was bothering me when I tried to type the previous post . I meant to correct the earlier post but didn't have time yesterday.

Jinn likes this.