Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Weren't there watermarks all over the place? like on the ceiling, wallpaper, the woodwork... etc...

I can't believe it was the first time something like that happened.

That's why I only run in the woods on vicinal ways (they are kept by the villages). No salt there.;)

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

No obvious marks. And there was stuff to move to get to water cutoff so no too regular.

It was a day of a warmup after a bad freeze.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  3. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

You think water froze in the pipes, dilated and broke them?

4. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

That's what happened in my house before we bought it...we got a really good price.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  5. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

But doesn't that mean that sooner or later it will happen again?

6. Sibyl

No. In our case, the house was empty and not winterized. This means that the heat was off, no electricity, and the water was still turned on. The interior (along with the pipes) froze and then exploded. Our basement ended up with about two feet of water in it (which was why we couldn't visit it the first time we tried). Our house now has heat, therefore no frozen pipes. :)

rhubarbodendron and Discofan like this.
  7. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Today, during my running round, I had to go through two fallen trees. One of them was particularly thick and I had to break a few branches to make it possible. It's odd that these two trees fell the same day, a day with very little wind. I expect the maintenance to take care of it before the end of the week.

8. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I just today realized what seems obvious now: men, not women, should ride their horses sideways.

But no, I did not realize that through any practical experience today. It needed to be pointed out to me.

rhubarbodendron and Sibyl like this.
  9. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

That seems logical, however, the last time I rode for hours it's not that part that got achy and I am not exactly a eunuch.:lol:

10. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I think sidesaddle must be very uncomfortable for the horse. It has to balance the load all the time. It's particularly hard on the few righthanded horses (most horses - as dogs - are lefthanders) since they have to support most of the weight with their weaker side.
    It's been a while since I've last ridden a horse but back then there was no noticable damage to male anatomy in the southern regions. Quite a few riders in my time appeared to have certain mental deficiencies, though. But then that was before hard hats became mandatory. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Gary Mitchell likes this.
  11. Sibyl

Discovered something new completely by accident last night. Well, new to me: dual-system PC towers. Two PCs in one case. I can see some benefits to this.

One the horsey thing...I've seen some people use similar arguments for men's skirts/kilts as well as bike seats.

12. PureCrimson

PureCrimson Commander Red Shirt

Goddamn, am I annoyed.

13. Sibyl

I'm going to be very happily busy for the next month! I get to work on a dream project. Not only does it have to do with a subject I love, but it has to do with a particular area of that something that I'm particularly in love with! :D

While I am honored to do this, I'm going to continue to work on side-projects to keep my sanity (gee, no pressure on this project or anything!).

Not only that, but one of the things I'll be working on will most likely just be a representation of the final product for presentation purposes, but there's a possibility that what I do will be used to make the actual product, itself! It all depends on TPTB and the viability of particular manufacturing processes, so, instead of an idealized, perfect version of the object that I was thinking I'd need to do, I get to create it as it appeared IRL! Woohoo!

Gary Mitchell and Avro Arrow like this.
  14. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

What happened?
    You got a job offer as a midwife? :D

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  15. Sibyl

:guffaw:

16. Sibyl

Judging by your other post, I'm guessing someone bought something you really wanted (only one available), not because they wanted it, but to upset you. If so, totally shitty thing to do.

17. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Near where I grew up, there was a massive oak tree in a field along a seldom used path. My mates and I claimed the tree as our den and hung out in its branches, eating chocolate bars, beefy crisps and drank tab clear. That was nearly thirty years ago, but I really wish I could do again.

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

My anxiety is really weird.

Going through process of buying a house, biggest financial commitment of my life, feeling no anxiety whatsoever.

But whenever a friend isn’t available to hang out I worry uncontrollably I did something to offend them.

rhubarbodendron and Butters like this.
  19. Sibyl

You, too?

Funny how the human mind works, sometimes.

Butters likes this.
  20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^ I would have anxiety about both, and then have more anxiety about the level of anxiety that I am experiencing.