Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

you don't want to be who you are? hence the reason for aliases [​IMG]

2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I've been going back into big time Winona Ryder fan mode in the past few ... months?! Shit, time really flies nowadays. Anyway, I may have mentioned this before recently, but I bought the Winona wall calendar for 2001 way back when, and it was the last to be released, so I've been re-using it year after year since. The dates on it are useless, obviously, but the pictures are nice.

Stay on point, Kai.

Okay, so this got me considering doing my own version of a Winona calendar for 2020 with my avatars. Ditching the Clerks avas for that year, and instead using a new Winona avatar for each month.

So, I started writing this thinking I would be asking if this was a good idea, but we all know it's silly, and we all know I'm doing it anyway, so I guess I'm really announcing this, and if you're still reading this, I guess you care more than I expected.

So, yeah. Kai's Winona Ryder Avatar Calendar. Coming 2020. You've been warned.

Gary Mitchell and Sibyl like this.
  3. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I look forward to your choices! :bolian:

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  4. Kai "the spy"

I don't know if it's a good idea to encourage me, but thanks!

Sibyl likes this.
  5. Sibyl

Ain't nothin' wrong with Winona Ryder! :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Gary Mitchell likes this.
  6. Kai "the spy"

Except for the spelling. ;)

7. Sibyl

Oops! Fixed. :alienblush:

8. Kai "the spy"

Oh, don't sweat it. To err is humin.

Avro Arrow, Sibyl and Gary Mitchell like this.
  9. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

But our regular names are still aliases... :lol:

Back when I was in a much worse state mentally, I didn't have difficulty coming up with names for the more "joyous" holiday, and struggled with the "darker" holiday. Now, when I'm in a much better place, the ones for the "darker" holiday come easy, and I struggle with the "joyous" one.

It's just weird. To me, anyway. :shrug:

Ah, I wondered where those came from. Never saw Clerks; didn't realize it was in B&W.

Sibyl likes this.
  10. Sibyl

Don't you just love people that like to twist the knife after it's already landed its blow? :rolleyes:

@Avro Arrow, you really should check out Clerks! It's crass and crude, but funny! :D

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  11. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I once watched Dogma based on someone's recommendation, and can't really say I was a fan. Because of that, I haven't really been in any hurry to check out any other Kevin Smith movies. But maybe someday. :)

OK, I came up with something. Actually indirectly inspired by @Sibyl's choice (so thank you!), but admittedly mine is not as clever as hers. It is still kinda on the dark side I guess, but what can you do? :lol:

Sibyl likes this.
  12. Sibyl

They do require a certain...acquired taste. :lol:

I did find Jersey Girl touching when I saw it long, long ago. It's a completely different type of movie (mostly).

:lol: My pleasure. :D

Avro Arrow likes this.
  13. Kai "the spy"

Smith revealed a while ago that he shot it in B&W because he couldn't afford color (he couldn't really afford the film at all, it's just lucky his huge gamble paid off), but when critics suggested the B&W gave the impression of a store security camera, he started to say in interviews that this was totally intentional.

And don't sweat it if you don't like his movies. They aren't for everyone.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I’m a fan of Kevin Smith movies except for the parts they go over the top with the grossout humor. The dead body, the horse.

No good ideas for name change yet. Something fantasy themed and a little sarcastic but without being Scroogey.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

One of the neighbors behind us is building a large arbor over their back yard. They are using a nail-gun, always firing five nails in a row, in a particular pattern; I've been listening to it all freaking day. One-two-three FOUR FIVE. One-two-three FOUR FIVE.

Meanwhile, I'm at my desk, trying to concentrate, like:

16. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I feel like it is a race now after Thanksgiving to keep up with everyone else that seems to have everything done like their trees up, houses done, shopping and so on. How can people do that? I feel so behind it all! Does anyone else?

KimMH likes this.
  17. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

My husband got tired of waiting for me to do so and has put up two trees and the door wreaths. There is still little stuff to do but he did the biggest things for which I'm grateful. I don't usually wait until the last moment but I'm never the first. This year we sat out Black Friday (he was sick) and I did Christmas Cards that day so I think he felt like we might as well get this stuff started anyway.

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought of a fun prank to pull.

Find an American tourist going to India, sell them a T shirt that says “Cricket sucks” in Hindi, and tell them it means “Peace and love”.

19. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

क्रिकेट बेकार है

Worf factor9 likes this.
  20. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. Its not a real bat.