My first personal email provider was Yahoo. I'd tried a couple of others at times but overall found Yahoo's been simple, clear and straightforward to use which is what I want.
Yahoo New Email, an attempt to reverse the decline in use of Yahoo, erupts onto the scene. It's messy, hard-to-read, cluttered and slow, full of pop-ups urging you to do things.. The "improvements" consist of things I don't want and for which I have no use (but hey! let's take up nearly half the screen with them! You don't really want to see your emails, do you?). The already-existing problems are still there. Bizarrely, they are hoping more people will be prepared to pay for this.
The changes seem to have gone down like a lead balloon - so much so that Yahoo have just added a "help" bit for the disgruntled which basically says "there's no going back: get used to it"...
Well, I have bitten the bullet and set up a zoho account for the least used of my Y! accounts. I shall be seeing how that goes before migrating the other accounts but it's already been a cleaner and clearer experience.