Random speculations thread!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Premium Member

Before the season is out, we will see an army of Klingon zombies led by zombie T’kuvma.

Michael likes this.
  2. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When the Romulans show up, and they will, the TNG lumpy forehead will be gone but their skin tone, their lips, their gums, the swollen vessels in their blood shot eyes, will all be green, finally putting right what has bothered me since I first learned of Spock's blood.

3. Longinus

Longinus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be nice. But looking at Sarek, not gonna happen. (Why it is always the Klingons that get redesigned, while the Vulcans remain as humans with pointy ears? I wouldn't mind them being a tad more alien.)

4. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The tardigrade isn't giant sized.
    With James Frain, they really only had to do the eyebrows and Moe Howard haircut. The ears were already there.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Apparently the writers are scared of using the Romulans because they don't want to piss all over the continuity established in Balance of Terror. I don't know why that's so important, though.

BillJ likes this.
  6. JRTStarlight

JRTStarlight Captain Captain

It is one of the favorite episodes of many TOS Trek fans. And it would be quite hard to explain the belief no contact had been made with Romulans for the last 100 years if you have them in Discovery.

7. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My speculation is that the Romulans are behind everything thus far. They gave T'Kuvma the cloaking device (something they experimented with 100 years before) and were pushing him to unite the Klingons and start a war with the Federation.

They want to weaken or destroy both the Federation and the Klingon Empire, but primarily the Federation. Discovery is secretly about the start of the Romulan-Klingon alliance.

8. Miller 2.0

Miller 2.0 The Investigator Premium Member

Season 2 will introduce a new recurring character who is Australian!

9. Number One

Number One Commodore Commodore

So...
    -What if T'Kuvma gets cloned? He was promised to be a big thing in this series after all...

-What if we get to see Georgiou's relative?(old husband, sister, brother etc). This way we could see more holocrons about her, or flashbacks about her life. Btw, emphatically, this is spelled like Georg-iou, NOT Zorzio as I frequently see it in Youtube...she's not Chinese, she's an Asian looking Greek lady! :rolleyes:

-What if Georgiou gets cloned as a mole agent of the Klingons in Federation ranks? Considering something similar happens with Voq allegedly, these Klingons might have that spying habbit more prevalent than previous iterations of their species in previous series.

-What if Saru is a much more potent navigator for the spore stardrive than "poor people eating Tardigrade that is nevertheless in pain when driving, that poor little people-eater thing!"

10. BillJ

BillJ Former Democrat Premium Member

Yet they had no issue shoving a Klingon war in, special space mushrooms, pizza cutter warp drive...

11. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Non-canon sources already had a Klingon War (Four Years War) around the same period. And the mushroom stuff is already painted as something that Starfleet won't be able to use without abusing a tardigrade (and who knows if they can catch anymore of them).

The series references the Battle of Dorvan V, the House of Mokai, and freaking Corvan gilvos. It has used more Klingon dialogue in three episodes than in all 760 hours of Star Trek preceding it. It's the most faithful-to-canon Star Trek series yet.

Mel Tenorio likes this.
  12. BillJ

Neither of these things has done the show any favors, in my opinion. I just want to see the transition to mini-skirts and women hiding behind men when there's danger.

KirkusOveractus and Tim Thomason like this.
  13. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hereby speculate that Burnham will receive a new commission as an officer at some point in this season (after Lorca somehow makes her mutiny conviction permanently go away), since the early marketing hubbub said she was going to be a Lieutenant.

Kor

Feron and KirkusOveractus like this.
  14. BillJ

Shit, Lieutenant? She'll be captain of the ship by the end of the season.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Georgiou will be the Kawalski of Star Trek Discovery. Every time the timeline is buggered, or there's an alternate universe or a weird temporal anomaly she'll show up.

Gonzo and BillJ like this.
  16. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tribble Drive!

Miller 2.0 likes this.
  17. BillJ

Can't wait to see how many times she gets name-dropped in Trek Lit now! :eek:

Tim Thomason likes this.
  18. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought they said "Lt. Commander with caveats."

I suspect they changed it to Commander, and the caveats were the loss due to the court martial.

19. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I must have mis-remembered.

Kor

20. Number One

Number One Commodore Commodore

Another one: Burnham kills the Tardigrade to "put it out of its misery". This doesn't hold well with Lorca naturally, who's having second thoughts about her. In the same Episode the ship and crew are endangered and Saru proves to Burnham he "can protect his Captain better than" she did hers, by driving the spore drive himself, sacrificing himself in the process, triggering a "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" type scene, dissapearing in the end.

In Later episodes, Saru is found to be left out by his own in one of the ship instant destinations and holding to himself some of the spore drive energy, leading him to be able to transport himself on a whim wherever he wants in a large area(say within the ship or even planetwide distances), but with a cost to his health/mental capacity(something like transporter psychosis). Also better equipment is developed that allows him to navigate the spore drive painlessly.

Btw this drive reminds me of Iconian Gates. Just saying.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017