Problems with Photobucket

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Lynx, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Since 2004 I have had an account at Photobucket and all of my Trek related photos are stored there.

Today I published a photo on the Voyager forum and later discovered that a stamp with the text

host.store.share
    photobucket

had been smeared right over my picture.

That have never happened before.

I have contacted Photobucket and if they don't remove that crap, thhen I will terminate my account.

But where do I go then?

There are a lot of people publishing pictures here so there must be some better place to store my pictures.

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

They've done a lot of silly things in the past few years, and I've noticed what you're describing on images being hosted there. It was never a problem on the older version, and I left PB when they changed it temporarily so that free hosting wasn't even an option (you had to pay several hundred a year to use that feature, and the outrage caused them to change their minds).

I liked old Photobucket, but I prefer Imgur nowadays. Having seen the PB "brand" added to hosted images, that's all the more reason now for me not to go back.

Random_Spock likes this.
  3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. It's all over mine too, so I have to remove it from all of the images, as they won't do it unless I pay for an account. Which I choose not to do. Then I'm moving it over to my imgur account.

4. Unicron

I've found Imgur to be pretty reliable, personally, so I'd recommend that as one option. :)

Random_Spock likes this.
  5. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks Unicron and Random_Spock for your suggestions.

Problem solved! :techman:

[​IMG]

KES: I just had to go to Quark's and celebrate my release from that place where they put stamps on people's photos to make them pay for their release. Not even Quark could be so greedy to come up with something that hideous!

QUARK: Now, wait a minute darling! That was a splendid beeezneez idea! I have to further develope that.
    Can you tell me how to get in touch with Photobucket?

Random_Spock likes this.
  6. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PhotoBucket did some similiar weirdness with my photos a couple of years back.
    I switched to Imgur then, and it does the job nicely :techman:

Random_Spock likes this.
  7. Unicron

Glad to be of help. ;) Back in the day, Photobucket was genuinely good and reliable. But nowadays it's seemed like they've added a lot of features designed specifically to irritate potential users, and I don't understand it. * shrugs *

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, Imgur is my current preferred platform. Never liked PB's interface and navigating it as someone wanting to look at pictures annoyed me.

I can't recommend Imgur enough.