Prison Break Season 5 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by SAndrews10, Apr 6, 2017.

1. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thought the end wrapped it up a bit too quick. Should've gotten to the endgame a little quicker.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i know..they made that clear. But how did that make him Michael's Whip Hand? Seemed like that reunion and Whip's role was like....no big whip

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

No, that was supposed to be some big clever reveal about the depths of Michael's planning but it just came off as ridiculous. If you could fool facial recognition scanners with a 2d picture you could just print out a copy of someone's face and hold it up to the camera, no need to get an elaborate tattoo on your hands. In fact the tattoo would have less detail and color than a picture would. We're also supposed to believe that this is some CIA bigwig, so he wouldn't have an off-the-shelf facial scanner guarding his fortress of solitude, he'd have something state of the art.

High-end facial recognition scanners don't just examine the outer surface of one's face, but rather the underlying bone structure as well (so Michael's hands would have been the completely wrong shape). Otherwise they could be easily fooled by growing (or wearing fake) mustaches or beards. There are actually countermeasures like jagged makeup patterns and attachable facial prosthetics one can wear to avoid recognition by bargain basement facial recognition systems, but they won't help you pass for someone else, and people would wonder why you were wearing zigzag patterned makeup that makes you look like Ziggy Stardust, which isn't exactly ideal when you're trying to hide.

4. SAndrews10

And the one thing that was glanced over/forgotten (probably intentionally) was the fact that Michael sacrificed himself in the end because he had a terminal blood disease. No explanation given on that miracle.

5. Locutus of Bored

Probably got cured in the medical revolution that also gave rise to T-Bag's Darth Vaderish prosthetic hand with perfect thought-control systems which is on the way but still a little while off.

http://newatlas.com/mind-controlled-prosthetic-fingers/41886/

6. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I missed the direct-to-DVD movie....did they say it was a blood disease? I thought it was a brain tumor in the series (somewhere between seasons 2-4).... well, they can always find a way if there is money to be had...

7. SAndrews10

It might've been a tumor, I don't 100% recall

8. Locutus of Bored

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Well it was nice to see the gang back together and that Michael wasn't dead but all in all, like 24: Legacy, it was a bit 'meh.' Let's hope that Break is over.