Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. WhisperingWinds

WhisperingWinds Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I had a dream that my town was teleported to the surface of Venus. It was able to be lived underneath a layer of thick clouds that kept the heat out which was strange. I stared up at those nearly black clouds with brown and bronze wisps, amazed at how much heat was above. It made me nervous to think of what would happen when the clouds would clear.

I could hear the crackle of Thunder and lightning as I looked about the barren ground.

XCV330 likes this.
  2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

Me and my redhead were back in a dream last night and on a spaceship. Last time this happened we were shoved out an airlock and died. This time we were in the pilot seats.

3. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I was in my childhood home and my young kids were there running around and my mother was there, too. I was inviting mom out to stay with us for a week, which she was planning to do. It would have been difficult since she died 20 years ago, but I didn't remember that in the dream. It was a nice dream.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I had a dream that turned out to be stupid. it was so stupid it woke me up.

I was on this island with tall hills, walking from the beach to the top. It was nice weather, cool, breezy.I reached the top. The trees all around me had sandwiches handing down like fruit, diagonally cut. Mostly reubens. Maybe a pbj here and there. I saw a man that seemed to me like I guess I would imagine an ancient Greek philosopher to look, standing out greeting me with his arms out wide

"Welcome to the sandwich islands!" he cried.

I actually responded "This is a stupid dream" and I woke up. I am mad at myself. I should have stayed on the island. it was pretty cool.

5. Gingerbread Demon

OMG I love that. It's fun.
    I had a dream I was on the Jupiter 2 with the Robinsons, 60s version and kicked them all off and stole the ship when they landed at a space station, then woke up

Velocity and XCV330 like this.
  6. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

You vanished before I could tell you it was all gluten free…

Not a good dream yesterday…

Here my parents were alive, but not far from death’s door. The last “scene” I was looking at an empty hospital bed awaiting my Dad coming home.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have night terrors but I had a dream about having night terrors.

Velocity likes this.
  8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got in a swordfight with a guy whose hand was rotting off because he took offense to me looking into his bedroom in a trailer we were both renting. Whyyyy

Velocity likes this.
  9. Velocity

Yesterday I watched part of a Thin Man movie starring William Powell and Myrna Loy. Then later I dreamed I was in an old house with William Powel, only he was not Nick Charles from The Thin Man, he was the character from Life with Father. He went over to where my sister (only in the dream) was crying on the sofa and started to talk to her friend who was sitting next to her. I'm not sure if I was actually IN the dream or just observing. I know there was more to the plot of the dream, but I don't remember. Just as well.

10. Gingerbread Demon

I dreamed I was in bed with Myrna Loy, Jane Russell and Hedy Lamarr.
    Oh and before you all go Eeeeeww icky it was quite interesting

Myrna Loy wanted to hug and kiss, Jane looked slightly annoyed that I had suddenly appeared in this bed with the other two ladies but she wanted to kiss Myrna Loy, and Hedy Lamarr was too busy asking me why I was here and trying to calculate the mathematical odds of me arriving in the past and the odds of them all being in the same bed.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  11. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

God, I miss sexy dreams.

Velocity likes this.
  12. Gingerbread Demon

I like that in my dream her maths skills played a part

Velocity likes this.
  13. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was at some outdoor glass art display on a college campus or something. I went into the campus store, and it was huge on the inside, like a warehouse. They had small pieces of glass art for sale. I looked around for something by a particular artist but I couldn't find any.

Kor

Velocity likes this.
  14. Gingerbread Demon

Last night I visited the Louvre and looked at all the art, the plot twist in my dream was that the gallery was not the actual gallery but another branch on another world..... There was a great dome over everything outside

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't remember the scene, although there was a lot of cake, but it involved three people I knew from college who are super religious and I told off one of them that I didn't believe in any of it anymore. Although I don't think I was provoked into telling him off, I just got annoyed with the evangelizing and blindsided him. Kept waiting for him to respond to me by evangelizing some more, but the dream shifted to the cake and someone else tried to throw a utensil into recycling because it was plastic.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  16. publiusr

I dreamt that I was talking to Neil DeGrasse Tyson over the phone about space budgets.

Gingerbread Demon and Velocity like this.
  17. Velocity

I read that as "space budgies" at first. Now that would be interesting and I'm sure Neil would think so too.

publiusr likes this.
  18. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Not really a dream, or maybe because of a dream that I don't remember, I woke up at 3-AM trying to name songs with "Rain" in the title. Told my wife about it and came up with fifteen or so song titles. She checked Google and told me that 102 songs with "Rain" in the title have charted on the Top Forty.

19. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Parasitic blobs were growing on trees. They would throb and pulse causing interest to draw people close. I picked up a stick and poked a blob, which then burst gushing rivers of fluid. I tried to run but the fluid overtook me, covering me, it then hardened into a sort of concrete substance. I was effectively trapped in an amber-like substance which was suffocating me. I then bolted awake.

Sweet dreams! ;)

20. publiusr