Post a Random Fact About Yourself

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always been an introvert, and as I get older, I realize there are very few people in the world I want to spend time with.

Even when there's a holiday or family celebration, I'd rather just be in my room. Most of the conversation topics don't interest me at all; e.g., sports, my sister's succulents, people that I don't really know, work problems.

And some friends or coworkers must think I'm their personal psychotherapist when they call or text to vent about trivial work issues, etc. It's as if by instinct people unload their problems on me.

On the other hand, I can be outgoing in terms of doing things I enjoy, even when I'm alone. Before the pandemic I've gone to night clubs, movies, road trips, vacations, and a solo cruise, and have enjoyed meeting new people along the way.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Bry_Sinclair and rhubarbodendron like this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Apparently I’m diabetic. :eek:

Velocity and rhubarbodendron like this.
  3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oh dear, is that new information? That sucks. But at least now you know, so you can manage your health more wisely.

BillJ and Gary7 like this.
  4. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Homework.

5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome to the club :) Don't worry - life as a diabetic is not bad at all. You just have to keep an eye on your carb-intake but after a while you'll do that automatically. You'll find a lot of Q&A about diabetes in the chronical disease thread: https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/diabetes-chronic-issues-support-group.291998/ and feel free to ask any of us :) You are Type 2, I take it?

random fact about myself: I have green eyes

Gary7 and BillJ like this.
  6. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't enjoy trimming my nails.

7. scotpens

scotpens Vice Admiral Premium Member

I need to trim my nails so frequently that I sometimes wonder if I might be a werewolf.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Who does?

Mr. Laser Beam and auntiehill like this.
  9. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never have to trim my fingernails. I pick them when I'm nervous. Luckily, they look like I trim them. My sister picks her nails but hers look bad.

10. rhubarbodendron

mine always break :( The cold slightly acid water in which I usually work makes them so brittle that they shatter like glass.
    But with Corona I keep them very short anyway now, to minimize the infection risk. Long nails offer a lot of space for viruses to hide safely where the soap can't get them.

11. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Type 1 or Type 2? I've been Type 2 for over 10 years.

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Type 2. Had to give up Coke.

13. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've had to avoid most carbohydrates and I take 2 kinds of pills. It takes a lot of planning and attention. Good luck with your new life style!

14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I haven't posted a random fact about myself for more than two months.

rhubarbodendron likes this.
  15. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've decided with all this mask shit having no end in sight, I'm going to stop trimming my goatee until they come off for good. Damn thing might end up a foot long before we're clear of this shit

16. rhubarbodendron

^from the pov of a biologist that's a mistake. Viruses and bacteria love beards of all sorts: a warm hiding place close to the entrance to the prey's insides.
    I'd not let the goatee grow so far that it peeps out from under the mask.

random fact about myself: I don't wear a beard :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  17. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Or just wear a snood, that's what I do: nose, mouth, cheeks and neck all covered and no need to do the unthinkable and sacrifice a poor beard, who hasn't done a thing to anyone.

18. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know how you do that. Occasionally if I have a burr or nail tear with no file nearby, I will attempt to "even it out" using my teeth. Can never get it feeling smooth. I really don't enjoy the process of clipping nails but I don't mind the buffing part. I've got this really nicely designed Tweezer Man nail file in a triangular shape. It does an excellent job. Makes the task so much easier, and nails feel great afterwards.

19. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know either. I guess I'm not really aware enough to stop picking them but also aware enough to stop before they start looking bad. Never chewed them though.

20. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well there is the "pick & tear," where you peel off a piece of the nail, but the tearing almost always widens as you go... which can reach the quick & cause pain. That is, unless you bite it off before then. OK... this is getting weird. :cardie:

Incidentally, I discovered the Tweezerman nail file I've got has been discontinued for some time (photo). Mine is like 12 years old, still in great shape. Seems like designers moved onto frosted glass & other materials.