POLL: Chakotay - Seven or Janeway

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Unimatrix 01, Jul 6, 2009.

?

Who should Chakotay have ended up with?

1. Captain Janeway

84.7%
  2. Seven of Nine

15.3%
  1. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Janeway.

2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

thanks Guy - had forgotten that one! it sounds like disease of the day at the old folk's home!

3. mackula

mackula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Janeway. I thought the 7 hookup at the end was rushed and pointless.

4. pureTREKKER

pureTREKKER Lieutenant Red Shirt

J/C had a genuine friendship and love.

while C/7 was forced on for more drama.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pathos maybe, but drama?

So what if they were dating, Tom and Megan proved that it takes a few dates before dating becomes exclusive dating, and lets face it, it had been 7 years, Chakotay was sportshagging someone, and why would he stop that for that virgin to test the waters?

Look how long it took Tom and B'Elanna to decide they were not just wanking around?

6. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Him ending up with Janeway had been built up throughout the show, while him ending up with Seven just came dropping from the sky.

IIRC, the reason they did it in Endgame was because Beltran was sick of having nothing to do, and demanded to have something to do in the last episode. Still begs the question why they didn't have him end up with Janeway. That would've partlty salvaged the episode for many fans, I think.

7. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree. As I see it, they should have made Janeway and Chakotay end up because many fans accepted that and would have liked that.

If they didn't want to do it, they could at least have just left it hanging in the air, leaving it to the imagination of the fans. Instead they came up with something which made many fans dissapointed and angry.

But it wasn't the first time they did that. :(

8. EMHMark613

EMHMark613 Commodore Commodore

The Captain and Chakotay...

7 should have ended up with The Doctor

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Lieutenant Red Shirt

Janeway.

Seven and Chakotay came out of nowhere, and never made any sense. It's one of the main things that ruined the final season for me.

10. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Janeway. From word get go the two had a bond, a friendship, a respect for one another and a failed start at romance. Yes janeway was silly for allowing ranks to get in the way and maybe we wouldn't have seen any resolution before the end. But definitely not C with Seven. That wasn't even good for Seven's development. As for Chakotay, I doubt a relationship with Seven would have fulfilled him as much as one with Kathryn whom he genuinely cared for and respected. Not to mention, when Seven twigged he really wanted to be with Janeway she'd go Borg on his ass! Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

On top of which, if Admiral Janeway had to go back in time to change things, could she not have at least changed things so that Seven and Chakotay don't get together. Gees. Bad enough ...

11. KimMH

Agreed! I have posited that several times. :bolian:

12. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really?
    You don't find the idea of a woman getting off to a lightbulb disturbing?:eek:

13. KimMH

no - she's part lightbulb herself and some of her best friend are lightbulbs . . . :rommie:

14. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you calling Seven an Easy Bake Oven?:lol:

15. KimMH

I have warm feelings for Seven and the Dctr but I do confess I hope they're not interested in baking up any little "buns" any time too soon!

16. Vulcan Princess

Vulcan Princess Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I never bought the Janeway/Chakotay thing. Sure, he was in love with her, and she may have been attracted to him, but I don't think it went beyond that.

Chakotay/Seven rang false to me because of the vast difference in emotional maturity. In many ways, Seven is still not fully an adult yet.

I would pair Chakotay with B'Elanna (I never bought the Paris/Torres thing, either.), and I would pair Seven with the EMH.

17. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The very worst part of Endgame for me was when Janeway invited him to lunch/dinner and he said "I already have plans." That was adding insult to injury, right there.

18. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Why?

What if his plans were to eat with Tom or B'Elanna or Harry?

That's always been an irritant of mine--the assumption that someone can just break plans with a friend because a romantic potential appeared at the last minute.

19. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just think they should have left that scene out completely. He wasn't having lunch with Tom or B'Elanna or Harry ... he was having lunch with Seven, and that scene just highlighted to me that for Chakotay, Janeway had been replaced by Seven. It seemed symbolic.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway is the first choice by most on that ship to handle marriages I would suppose.

If she was so inclined to object, she'd hardly be officiating the ceremony?