PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

+ The front lawn is the size of a minor city-park here... makes me wonder about the size of the back garden!!! :eek:

2. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is a big house from someone who's been all over the US.

It does have the perfect look to go complete Griswold on for next Christmas...

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The whole lot size is 1 acre of land. It's a lot larger then I'm accustom to, however most of it is wooded and I plan on keeping that way. In fact I'm looking to add additional trees.

The house is a good size for our family. It's me and the wife, our three kids and my mother-in-law. We also plan on being in the house for a long time.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Good tree. Nice house.

5. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice house, and reasonable for six people. What drives me crazy are the couples -- or even singles -- without children who live in McMansions. Such a waste! (BTW, I'm not calling your place a McMansion, TomHendricks. It's much too tasteful! :lol:)

6. Tom Hendricks

We really did try to strike a balance between a house big enough for us to grow with but not so large that its a waste of space.

7. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Well, one mans "waste of space" is another mans "cleaning nightmare" :p

That is so cool!

[​IMG]

8. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well done, Tom. :techman:

I really like the layout of the property. I have a thing against long walks perpendicular to the street up to the front door. There's something so great about the large undivided front lawn that you get with a laterally placed walk for the front door. The only thing missing are a set of tall hedges at the edge of the road. ;)

9. Tom Hendricks

I agree, I dislike it when a walkway bisects a lawn. I prefer a meandering path that follows the house. I have big plans for both the front and back of the house. We're not allowed to put up a fence, against the covenants of the home owners association. Well you could ask for a waiver from the association but there has never been one granted since its inception. So there will be hedges and trees to try and rein in the kids.

10. TrickyDickie

TrickyDickie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Took this photo along the Oregon coast a few months ago. Interesting play of sunlight:

[​IMG]

11. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

The lake my mother lives on, I took this while I was visiting at Chrismtas -- it's the view from her driveway. I grew up in Seattle, but she moved to this little lake community about an hour from the city last February. Being that it is Northwest Washington, and this was only my third visit to the house (once when I helped her find and purchase it, once for a week last summer, and then this past Christmas) I didn't know that the mountains were visible because they were never out. That is just the foothills, if you drive around the lake there's a nice view of the Cascades too:
    [​IMG]

When it is snowy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her little cabin in the woods, decorated for Christmas and being buried in snow:
    [​IMG]

There are things like chickens in the road there. It's a culture shock for me, a born and bred city girl, but it's absolutely lovely, and she's really happy there!
    [​IMG]

12. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Wow TSQ, that looks like a little piece of paradise!

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The line about the chickens sounds like something a battle hardened soldier would say.

"Lieutenant, you wouldn't believe it...there are things...like chickens...in the road there! We're lucky to be alive!" :D

14. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow very nice digs for your Mom, TSQ. The Pacific Northwest has some absolutely fantastic places to hang you hat as far as scenery.

15. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Lovin' the shots, tsq. I don't know if I could put up with the constant rain in the Pacific Northwest but the scenery is almost unmatched in America except for probably Alaska.

16. thestrangequark

It is gorgeous, and Seattle's not really as rainy as people think. It usually drizzles a bit in the morning and clears up in the afternoons, and summer is generally dry and sunny.

17. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^plus Seattle was sunny the whole week I was there :lol:

18. thestrangequark

^I hate it when that happens!

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm going to be visiting Seattle in a few months. I'm open to suggestions as to what else I should see other than the space needle and you-know-what. :)

20. thestrangequark

^Le Feux. Best drag show in the Pacific Northwest.