PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's certainly putting Shatner's penis rock to shame.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And....cue the Photoshop we all know is coming. :p

3. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two of my cats, twin brothers Data and Lore. :)

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ awww. :sigh: :)

Hey Flux, I gotta ask, were you and the Mrs. at Matt Cain's perfect game last year? 'Cause I have that game on Blu-Ray and after Melky Cabrera hit the first home run, I totally swear I saw both of you in the crowd.

6. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nope, we weren't there. I was at work at the time, but due to being completely glued to the radio...not exactly productive. :)

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Does TSQ take a bad picture? Ever?!

8. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

^Nope. Never ever.

Okay, that are some gosh darned cute kids. The eldest is definitely gonna be a heartbreaker when he grow older.

OMFG, The Wind in the Willows! I loved that as a kid!

As for the stiff potatoes, all the better to make shapes of mountains out of.

9. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

love the hair TSQ, and stiff potatoes need more mashing (and thafuq more do you need to do to taters to make them vegan?)

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I can only assume no butter/milk.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yup.

Vegan mashed potatoes have been a struggle of mine for years. Soy milk and veggie oils simply don't whip as well as dairy milk/butter. One thing I've found to help a lot is use smaller potatoes.

I've found using red potatoes instead of the traditional Yukon Gold or Russet to be a bit better. They're less starchy and mash better on their own. You'll never get the traditional creamy potatoes, but they still go down easier than the ol' vegan potato brick.

Also, since you're not using gravy, I've found boiling the potatoes in a vegetable broth adds flavor--I usually go half water, half broth. And some garlic, green onion or shallot, and kale mixed in is really yummy.

12. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Almond milk worked pretty well for me when I tried it.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I keep hearing about almond milk. Almonds are pretty expensive, how much is the milk?!

Mashed potatoes are overrated unless you ARE sculpting alien landing pads. I like a simple red/pink potato nuked with cracked pepper on it. I don't need salt or butter.

(Actually I like every western food with cracked pepper on it..)

14. cooleddie74

Garlic and buttered mashed potatoes have been a staple of my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for years, but they need to be at least a little chunky and have some texture. Too many mashed potatoes are soft and runny or - just as bad - too thick and clumpy like it's industrial caulking or plaster. The key is getting the texture just right so you don't need a straw or an acetylene torch to eat 'em.

15. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Oh lord yes. You should have seen my 3rd grade school photo.

Thank you :)
    Thanks! I've been obsessive about matching since I was 3, you can ask my mother!

Yep. Both sisters and the nephews are vegan, plus, my younger sister has a terrible dairy allergy. The potatoes actually turned out good. They were just supper stiff because I'd made them the night before and they'd been in the fridge. I used veganaise and veggie broth, and they tasted really good! And considering there were 10 people at dinner, I don't think that mound of potatoes was that much!
    He is for sure! This is his first ladykiller picture, at age two: [​IMG]
    Me too!

16. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

We are people of impeccable taste.

And that's kinda ridiculous how handsome the boy looks already. He even has a photogenic slightly arched eyebrow in that pic.

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

never did understand the whole vegan thing TBH. And I personally like to boil red potatoes in water and chicken broth, with some butter and some pepper.

18. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see how you might think so! TSQ is always cute, of course, but I just had to comment on those kids, totally adorable at that age!

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish I had pics of my niece Harper who is about two weeks old now. She is, of course, totally off the charts on the cute-ometer.

I remember the last time I was over at their house and I was sitting in a chair holding her for awhile, then I had to say to my nephew "Kai, dude, can you go and get Mommy to come in and get the baby? I'm afraid to move." And I was. I literally could not dare to move. I know you have to be VERY careful with newborns and I didn't want to hurt her!

And of course my sister in law comes in and WHOOSH picks up the baby and carries her away in a totally flawless motion. Only the mother knows! :lol:

20. cooleddie74

I'm not vegan by a longshot but I've grown to like or even love certain vegan foods as time has passed. Some of the best pizza I've had in ages has spinach and black olives for toppings and not one molecule of meat on the entire thing and I love a good salad with assorted veggies and lowfat dressing.