PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Good a way as any to name a cat, I like it! :techman:

And seeing as this is a picture thread, here's some of our cat Sweet who had become bitten on the tail about a week ago and we had to do this to her: http://imgur.com/a/Usa2G

See that look in the last picture. That's the look she gave my cousin for a few days after that He had to hold her while my mom put on the bandage with the medical alcohol to dry the wound.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

3. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Wait, what? Some idiots tried to tell you off for that tatt? That is the most awesome tatt I've seen in a long time. Phooey to the idiots.

4. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^Here on this very board, nonetheless. But thanks, I do rather like it!
    Poor little gal! We had a dog that was always wounding her tail. She was a huge dog with a big, heavy tail and would wag it so enthusiastically that she was always banging it into things. She broke it three times doing that!

5. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Yikes! That's a hefty tail wag then!

Should add though that she's alright now, she just had to have it for two days and was much better after that. Here's one of her and the other cat, Shira, cuddling a bit:

[​IMG]

And they both get along pretty well with Zilwer, our dog:

[​IMG]

EDIT: might as well link the entire album for more adorableness http://imgur.com/a/Eihlp

6. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    What a strange looking martini. It's missing the olive. :p

7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice tat, TSQ, If I were to get a text tattoo it would say "Fate is monstrous and empty."

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

So cute!

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Took this one today on the way back from the park. I see them all over the place on old buildings here.

[​IMG]

And a few from the park where they imported a pumpkin patch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Yeoman Randi paid us a visit last weekend!

[​IMG]

10. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Nice choice!

So, as I type this the nebulous, itchy joy of Vicodin is setting in after the last (and worst) of my wisdom teeth was finally removed. It's been a ten year drama: the first came out at 19, and for various reasons and because of various complications they've been out one at a time. It took an hour and was godawful, despite the incredible kindness and patience of my dentist and the dental assistants.
    I am somewhat self-pleased at how impressed my dentist was with my pain tolerance. Apparently I have very high cheekbones which for some reason makes it hard to get the anesthetic needle in the right spot (you'd think it'd make it easier, but I guess not), which resulted in me not being numbed everywhere for some of the procedure. My dentist said most people woud have been gripping to the arms of the chair and writhing. I can boast that I only moaned slightly and let a single tear. :) Please forgive my boasting, but look at the tooth! The dentist said he'd never seen roots so hooked! It's like a harpoon! He had to cut it into three pieces and break a bit of my jaw bone. Also, 4 stitches. So I earned some boasting.

[​IMG]

And to make up for sharing such a gross picture, here is the beautiful sunset I saw while walking home from work yesterday -- a sunset worthy the most pristine beach over the elevated train in Brooklyn:
    [​IMG]

11. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

HOLY CRAP! are you a mutant? ._.

12. Savage Dragon

Impressive! I actually had to have a lot of my baby teeth pulled because of hooked roots so I'm no stranger to having teeth pulled by the dentist. I never got Vicodin though. :(

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ "Is it SAFE?"

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I had my 3 wisdom teeth removed sometime in high school, they knocked me out completely. Can't imagine trying to endure that while awake!

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ugh! I feel for ya, tsq. One of my wisdom teeth was hooked liked that, and it was a bitch to get out. :(

Seeker- those old fallout shelter signs are still everywhere. There's one on my church. If there's ever a nuclear war, those signs are going to be all that's left of us. Well, and cockroaches. :p

16. Savage Dragon

I think we should map out all the fallout shelters for the impending zombie apocalypse.

17. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I was at a convention in Minneapolis last weekend, and I made it into a couple of pictures. Here's one... I'm on the far left, standing:

[​IMG]

Part of what's fun about this convention is that it's in a different city every year, so we get to visit a lot of places. And because it's not a large con (about 300 people), I've made a lot of friends from all over North America. In that photo are people from Atlanta, Boston, Raleigh, and Minneapolis, and I also got to see friends from Los Angeles, San Francisco, New Jersey, Washington, Blacksburg, Winnipeg, and other places that are escaping my mind right now.

The only other picture I'm in (that's been posted so far), I'm in profile. Therefore, this is the photo that has finally convinced me that I need to lose 30 or 40 pounds...

[​IMG]

I know there's at least one other photo that I was in, but I haven't seen a copy yet.

After getting back, I had dinner one night this week with an old friend who had moved to Vancouver roughly 20 years ago, and I hadn't seen him since then. We went to a brew pub near where I used to live - they make some mighty fine beers there. My friend is on the left, and his brother (whom I met that night) is on the right:

[​IMG]

Edit: I just realized the coincidence in my posting these photos. The con had an apocalyptic theme, hence the pink radioactivity symbol in the con's logo, pictured on my friend's T-shirt in that second photo. Goes nicely with the fallout shelter photo above. :D

18. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Attended my nieces birthday party this weekend, it was held at an apple farm. The boys got to go on a hay ride, do some apple picking and eat some birthday cake.

My son Ian running around the field
    [​IMG]

Aaron on the Hay Ride
    [​IMG]

Ian driving the tractor
    [​IMG]

Aaron driving the tractor
    [​IMG]

Ian picking some apples
    [​IMG]

19. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral