Spoilers Picard Season 3 Soundtrack News

I have my pre-order with Qobuz. They have a higher than CD quality version available for a little extra.

Hi-Res Audio is dedicated to audio files that deliver sound with a quality superior to that of a CD. These files are encoded with 24-Bit resolution (as opposed to 16-Bit for CD quality). This is also called studio quality because 24-Bit resolution is used in a recording studio. The difference in richness of sound and feeling is very substantial compared to MP3 files or even CD quality.

It looks like their version will be available in 4 hours!

I have my pre-order with Qobuz. They have a higher than CD quality version available for a little extra.

It looks like their version will be available in 4 hours!
Thanks I was able to download the full album as a WAV just now.

Try searching for "Stephen Barton - Topic" on YouTube, the new playlist should appear

There’s no CD. It’s either digital or vinyl.

Dang. Of all the allusions I'd love to mention, but I'll just say that they're doing (hopefully deftly-applied, low-compression) compressed downloads versus a plastic platter that has low fidelity to begin with but also worsens in quality with each playback thanks to the power of physics and needle scratchin', as opposed to an exponentially smaller plastic disc that has uncompressed audio across the audible bandwidth range humans can perceive. (Compression generally starts with wiping out any frequencies beyond the human range, since Fido and Mittens won't care either way - it's a fun process to read up on the how of the concept...)

Dominion reminds me a lot of the best work Murray Gold did for Doctor Who
Which is kind of funny as the scenes (spoiler for 3x10)
on the Borg ship made me think of that era of Who quite a bit. Especially the Borg Queen, up there with a SPFX body and over-acting her dialogue like the Racnoss Empress. :D

Oh wow I have the album at last. It is downloading from the iTunes Store as I type.

This shall be my road trip music for the next few weeks at least. :adore:

I caught some of the soundtrack earlier in the week, and I'm not kidding when I say I've listened to "Make it So" at least 15 times. Easily one of my favorite cues of the entirety of the franchise because it emotionally resonates with me so much.

Back