Spoilers Picard Season 3 - Preview Photos/Videos Thread

Wonder what the deal is with Jupiter.
will the Enterprise will use Jupiter's gases to fight against the borg cube? Like when Kurn jumped to warp after diving into a star, or when Worf avenged Jadzia's death with the same maneuver to destroy the Dominion shipyards at Monac IV. Firing into Jupiter could potentially take out a cube...

The Borg cube is in Jupiter's 'eye'.

will the Enterprise will use Jupiter's gases to fight against the borg cube? Like when Kurn jumped to warp after diving into a star, or when Worf avenged Jadzia's death with the same maneuver to destroy the Dominion shipyards at Monac IV. Firing into Jupiter could potentially take out a cube...
I suspect when the cube is defeated, it's going to sink into Jupiter's atmosphere until the pressure causes it to implode.

TaPs9sq_d.jpg

Is it really a Borg cube in Jupiter? Looking at this screenshot from the ep "Vox", it looks like it is bigger than just a single Cube. It looks like an entire Borg Complex like the one we saw in Voyager.

zcnzX5t.png

Hmm...

After the Empire fell, Lobot's ambitions kicked into overdrive.

Cube stake!

On the point of Jupiter, I'm a little hazy on this... wasn't that also where they stopped the cube in BoBW? Possible plot connection reason?

On the point of Jupiter, I'm a little hazy on this... wasn't that also where they stopped the cube in BoBW?

No, I'm fairly sure the cube was in Earth orbit when it was destroyed.

I know they got at least past Mars, as we see the cube obliterating its automated defense perimeter.

Is it really a Borg cube in Jupiter? Looking at this screenshot from the ep "Vox", it looks like it is bigger than just a single Cube. It looks like an entire Borg Complex like the one we saw in Voyager

Agree, was thinking it was either part of the Unicomplex, or alternatively maybe just a super closeup from the perspective of Jack's shuttle.

Also, is the BQ still missing the arm she ripped off her own body??

wrUHurs.png

No, I'm fairly sure the cube was in Earth orbit when it was destroyed.

I know they got at least past Mars, as we see the cube obliterating its automated defense perimeter.

Correct, and the only other planet on screen was Saturn. The only Jupiter reference was regarding Jupiter station:

SHELBY: The Borg have dropped out of warp, sir. Jupiter outpost nine two reported visual contact at twelve hundred hours, thirteen minutes.

Correct, and the only other planet on screen was Saturn. The only Jupiter reference was regarding Jupiter station:

SHELBY: The Borg have dropped out of warp, sir. Jupiter outpost nine two reported visual contact at twelve hundred hours, thirteen minutes.
The funny thing about that is in order to do flybys of Jupiter, Saturn and Mars on their way to Earth, the Borg would have had to have been taking quite the leisurely jaunt around the solar system.

Specifically on this part, he does say other Federation ships right? I know this still doesn't clear things up, but I presumed he was referring to non-Starfleet Federation ships. This could refer to civilian ships as well as Vulcan ships like the VSS T'Plana etc. Lower Decks and the existence of the T'Plana make it sound as if the Vulcan Expeditionary Force still exists atbthis point, so perhaps some other member species still have done non-Starfleet navies.
Riker says "Federation and civilian" signals. I always took "Federation starship" to be synonymous with Starfleet (i.e., "This is Captain Jean Luc Picard of the Federation starship Enterprise").

Also, if there are other fleets and they're coordinated like the US Navy into separate units, depending on their positioning, they could be way out of position to respond. That was the concern with Sisko's plan to retake Deep Space Nine during the Dominion War, and what happened when the Dominion took Betazed.

COBURN: (human male Admiral) There's one thing that still concerns me.

SISKO: What's that, Admiral?

COBURN: Earth. You've left it a very tempting target.

ROSS: Earth will still be defended by the Third Fleet.

COBURN: But what if you're wrong, and the Dominion doesn't commit its forces to protect Deep Space Nine? What if instead they launch a full-scale assault on Earth? If we follow the plan you're proposing, we'll never be able to get reinforcements there in time.

"The line must be drawn here. No. Here. Um...here! No further!"

Like Donna Summer sang, dim all the lights sweet darling, 'cause tonight it's all the way.

Yup. Looks truly cinematic. I envy those who will see the IMAX version. :)

Back