Spoilers Picard Plot Threads and Questions (As of Ep 1)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Search4, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Rear Admiral Premium Member

Maybe the only way to build the rescue fleet was to take promotion to admiral.

But yes, Kirk's line -- in that chair you can make a difference - was prescient. Picard resigned in a huff (been there done that), but then made no difference for the next 15 years. When he finally gets out there and finds out what's been going on while he's been nursing his vines and 'waiting to die', he'll be happy he is finally making a difference again.

2. Search4

Search4 Captain Captain

Well the fight in the apartment... I believe it was hers, given the food menu discussion. If it was her apartment the authorities would be looking for her immediately when found, and the attack would be found immediately i would think. (Did she call the authorities??? If not why not??) While traveling, in a world presumably filled with facial recognition, Dahj managed to keep on the run, presumably via transporter, without evident skills to hide or disguise. All sounds like a set up to me.

3. Paul Weaver

I don’t see any reason why the authorities would know about the fight, even if the assailants didn’t clean the scene afterwards.

(I’m assuming Dahj didn’t go to them)

4. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was also a TNG thing, as seen in "Gambit"...

5. Search4

Search4 Captain Captain

Seems unreasonable to me the authorities wouldn’t quickly hear the noise or investigate the beaming and figure this out, like we mostly do today. More likely whoever beamed in beamed it more assets and covered it up.

6. Paul Weaver

Sound proof apartments seem reasonable so there’s nothing to hear and nothing to report.