Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well, one more day to go! I I am super excited.

Not bad for a show that got cancelled.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Only 10 more hours!

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Depending on when Yahoo decides to put the episodes up. I

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everyone has tested Yahoo Screens to make sure that it's not going to jerk them around?

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I just hooked up my 360 and watched several videos on Yahoo Screen and they all played fine. No pausing or buffering or whatever streaming video does these days.

The color looked a little washed out, but I'm not going to worry about that since it was otherwise just what I was looking for.

6. Guy Gardener

:)

In my mind this morning, while watching Girls, I slapped Mimi-Rose so hard that one of her teeth came out.

I wonder if I winged Britta a little by accident?

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Is it going up right at midnight or some time tomorrow? I may need to stay up for it.

8. bigdaddy

It's midnight LA time, 3am Eastern.

I have a feeling the thing will crash.

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ok, so set my alarm one hour earlier in the morning, got it. :)

Everybody, prepare to enter Abed mode.

10. Guy Gardener

Double episode tonight, and then one a week for the next 11 weeks.

Or, that's what IMDB is telling me.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yep that's correct. And while you should take this with a grain of salt, the second episode is supposedly an homage to 'The Lawn Mower Man." And it will also feature Britta's parents.

The third episode (a week from tomorrow) is going to be the shows 100th episode. Although outside of that I have no idea what to expect from it.

I also know Steve Guttenburg (along with some other Police Academy alumni will be guesting down the road) and Billy Zane as well.

And oh yeah, they're going to do another paintball episode. Probably as the season finale.

Also, just found this clip:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMcbOPRKIEA[/yt]

It doesn't spoil much, it just appears to be the opening of the season premiere.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess I'm finally gonna have to catch up soon. Can't believe we're at season six, seems just like yesterday that I first discovered this beautiful show and started this thread!

13. bigdaddy

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd beg NBC to take Community back.

Yahoo Screen is a piece of shit. The commercials load randomly in the middle of the scenes, then about 10 minutes in the second episode started playing. It's garbage to the point where I'm going to look for less legal means to watch the show.

Then when it comes back from the commercials the sound doesn't always work and when you try to rewind it they make you watch the commercials again. And I still miss half the scenes.

It only took 46 minutes to watch a 27 minute long show...

However the first episode was great, so many cameos and minor characters and a storyline that fit the show so well. However Sherley not being there really stood out and the excuse was a little lame for me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  14. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I downloaded Yahoo Screen for my phone this morning just to watch Community. There were a couple of minor hiccups, but on the whole everything ran smoothly.

As for the two episodes: Better than I ever expected. Even more than Season Five, this feels like classic Community. It was a great way to start my day.

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry! The content provider has not given us the rights to play this video in your location.

Jesus Christ, I thought we were passed this. Oh well, alternate means it is then.

16. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny about the ads. I watched the episodes on my iPad this morning. One :15 commercial at the very top of each episode. Nothing else the whole time. I was very surprised.

That she was off taking care of her dad? Um, they worked the actress' real life into the character. Granted, the addition of working as a PI's assistant was a little different, but... The last scene was kinda funny.

17. bigdaddy

I know they used the real reason she left, but the fact she would leave her children behind is what surprises me.

I had two ads, a Netflix ad Subway of all things, then two more ads at the wrong time, then 4 ads and ads everywhere and never where they were supposed to be.

18. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, I was watching at like 4:45 this morning and was still waking up during the first few scenes so I might be forgetting things. Did they mention she left the kids behind? I mean, wasn't the last we heard about the kids that Andre took them when he left again?

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I set my 360 up so I could watch this and the streaming was awful. It stopped to buffer every 30 seconds so I gave up on it for now. I couldn't even make it to the opening credits.

20. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

I watched both episodes this morning on my Roku with the Yahoo Screen App. Beautiful picture, saturated colors (equivalent to network) and not one single commercial. AND when the first episode ended, it went right into the 2nd episode.