Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

^ Your still on about this?
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize replying to a comment directed at me less than 24 hours after it was posted was a faux pas. My bad. Oh well, I'm about to do it again. Feel free to whine about this one, too.

And doing a very convincing job too...
Hey, it's not my fault people like you read what they want to read rather than what's actually being written.

In the original links, the man said that he didn't hear back in regards to having NBC/Sony/Community produce it when he first played the role. He didn't say a thing, one way or another, about getting permission to produce something himself.

If you want to continue assuming that, feel free. But, again, considering he's in the business and almost assuredly has an agent who'd know better even if he didn't, it's a pretty foolish assumption to be making.

Last edited:
If you want to continue assuming that, feel free. But, again, considering he's in the business and almost assuredly has an agent who'd know better even if he didn't, it's a pretty foolish assumption to be making.

I think the cease and desist order more than proves my point. So, really, not so foolish...

God that trailer is awesome.

I am still a bit bummed though, because I like Parks and Rec too. I wish they had benched Up All Night instead.

Anyway, looks like Community will go out in a blaze of glory.

^ I think there is still a chance it could get a fourth season. It will probably be an 11th hour thing at NBC, IIRC we didn't learn until late about season three. I can't wait for next week.

Just saw on the Doctor Stew fanpage (which is an excellent Doctor Who/Family Guy parody featuring Stewie as the Doctor) posted Travis' facebook page, states that Travis is indeed still proceeding with the "Inspector Spacetime" series but under a different title and format (similar to what Doctor Stew did after they finally received a cease and desist I believe from Fox). What I'm getting out of this is that I'm guessing we're not going to be seeing Travis appear as the Inspector on "Community" for the rest of the season :) Perhaps this will finally open it up for John Oliver to return as a regenerated (or resurrected call it whatever you want on the show :) ) Inspector!!!

What I'm getting out of this is that I'm guessing we're not going to be seeing Travis appear as the Inspector on "Community" for the rest of the season :)

I wouldn't be surprised. BUT, how many did they film, of the rest of this season, before he tried to make his webseries? It could've all been in the can. (Of course, he could be edited out.)

Perhaps this will finally open it up for John Oliver to return as a regenerated (or resurrected call it whatever you want on the show :) ) Inspector!!!

I like the casting. But, wouldn't it be weird for Oliver to appear, as he's been on the show quite a bit?

I suppose it could be that he left teaching and became an actor...

Yeah John Oliver has played Ian Duncan on the show, but I don't believe Ian has appeared this season at all. I've always just wanted to see him be the Inspector since they introduced the concept lol.

i just had the most wonderful thought.

Even though it's probably impossibly, have the mirror universe, bearded Abed wander through a scene in fringe in their mirror universe.

Up all Night is Awful.

Sometimes it's clever, but never funny.

^ I thought it was great, myself. Not one of their best, but certainly in the top half of episodes. Britta and Pierce both had some awesome stuff.

Back