Spoilers Once Upon a Time season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

For the collectors here, Icon Heroes has revealed pics of their first wave of OUAT 6" action figures, due in December:

Regina
    Hook
    Emma
    Robin

No Rumpelstiltskin. Boooo! :p

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Ghost Rider was going to be the next recurring character. Oh, wait. Wrong show.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of Tahir, so his casting as Nemo makes me very happy. So is Nemo Middle Eastern in the book? I've noticed that quite of few of the more recent versions seem to have him either Indian or Middle Eastern.

Commander Richard likes this.
  4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He's revealed to be an Indian prince in The Mysterious Island.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool.
    Just wanted to remind everyone that the Season premiere is tonight.

6. Ketrick

Ketrick Commander Red Shirt

The episode was okay to good. The things I really liked were "Morpheus", Mr. Hyde, and the red bird (wonder if it is just a reference or actually OUAT's version of Iago). The things I wish were better are that there wasn't enough of Aladdin and there also wasn't enough of the Evil Queen. However, I am looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the season.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this was a good one.
    The Morpheus twist was a big surprise.
    I was wondering the same thing about the red bird, and I'm wondering what the significance of the fact that it and the oracle were with Aladdin will be.
    Hyde is a pretty good villain, but Witwer's Hyde voice is kind of goofy.
    It'll be interesting to learn more about past Saviors. I wonder if Hyde dealt with Aladdin or a different Savior.
    The Evil Queen and Zelena teaming up should be pretty interesting.

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Oded Fehr made a good Jaffar, but I would like to see more of him and Aladdin. The opener had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the episode, except for the brief reference to Aladdin being a savior. Morpheus' identity was quite surprising to Belle and Rumple, but now Belle has more reason not to trust or open up to her estranged husband. I wonder if Zelena will turn back to her evil ways now that the Evil Queen has arrived. To me, Hyde doesn't appear menacing or threatening enough to be this season's main villain; he's more like Emma's tormentor.

9. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

It was a great impression of Tom Hardy's Bane.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was kind of confused, was Belle and Rumple's son supposed to be communicating with them from the future or inside Belle's womb? Or was it more metaphorical?

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Apparently, the Dream World, which they were visiting only mentally-- Rumpy didn't seem to have moved when the dream ended.

Was it just me or did this episode seem very rushed and awkwardly directed, especially in the half or so?

12. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am sad to say I am not enjoying the show anymore and unfortunately the new episodes were not any better. The writing is off, the episodes seem like a sequence of scenes that are not really connected to each other. There are so many characters in the show that none of them is actually being developed. I do like some stuff, mainly involving Regina/Evil Queen and Rumple, but I do not understand why the writers have chosen to write in such a manner.

It is quite a pity, I think the show still has a lot of potential.

13. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Why is evil Regina wearing her Enchanted Forest costumes . . . in Storybrooke? She didn't need such costumes back in Season 1.

14. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I totally agree. My husband is on the verge of giving up on the show, but I'm still willing to stick it out a little longer. I definitely agree with the part about the episodes seeming like random scenes just put together rather than actually flowing from one to another. Maybe, as you mention, it has to do with having too many main characters now. It's like they should have had an episode just devoted to the Rumple/Belle story, with the others having only a minor secondary story in the episode. And then the next episode can focus primarily on the Evil Queen. Instead we have these split stories competing for attention.

15. Commander Richard

The magic isn't even creative anymore. They just shoot energy out of their hands.

I think they've milked everything they could out of the show and they should end it.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's always new movie characters to mine. The problem is Iteration #235 of Good/Evil Queen and Good/Evil Rumple. I say at some point you're just gonna have to lose one or both of them and replace them with a new character. Bring back Anna and Elsa!!!

17. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I must the only person on the planet who didn't like the Frozen story arc! But, I also didn't get the big deal about the movie (or that awful song), so apparently I just missed the boat on this one.

I actually liked the Neverland plot, although it went on a little too long I liked the different setting.

18. Commander Richard

I'm just hanging on for Captain Nemo.

19. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am glad I am not the only one thinking the show is not well-written anymore.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going off some of the places I've been on the net, absolutely not. (In fact, there's some outright hatred at some places). I'm still watching, but I'm no where near as hooked as I was.