Okay, there needs to be a live-action Mirror's Edge movie....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lindley, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Recently finished Mirror's Edge for the first time, and I'm left with the impression that it needs to be a movie---but for maximum effect, it must be live action. In animation it would just be more of the same, but....

I did find this on YouTube, which is pretty impressive:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fSSuUOJ0qU

2. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah I found it to be an outstanding, under rated game. Thankfully, a sequel has been given a go :

I also think that it would make for an awesome movie, but they probably don't have enough plot just yet.

3. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

tell that to the people making the Asteroids movie :lol:

4. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't really understand why people love this game so much.

It was a cool concept but I got bored of it. I would much rather see a Resident Evil movie done RIGHT than a Mirror's Edge movie.

5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Most people didn't love the game ;)

6. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had a blast playing Mirrors Edge. I liked how sometimes the levels would be exciting and tense, and other times you would get a quiet moment, like trying to solve a jumping puzzle while enjoying the ambient soundtrack (speaking of music, I thought this game had some really good songs).

I was surprised to see that so many people disliked it. I even thought the melee combat was okay. Probably the weakest part of the game, but not as bad as everyone says.

7. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes they do.

Practically everyone I have ever been in contact with does.

8. Lindley

Who doesn't like taking out Keanu Reeves in bullet time?

9. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Then they are a rare breed because the general consensus is that the game was a decent tech demo but not much of a game. Plus, the game was essentially a flop, not selling nearly as many copies as EA wanted so the gaming community essentially shut it out. To say that there was love for the game is over stating things. Sure, I loved it, your friends loved it, but gamers as a whole didn't. Thats why it was such a surprise when the go ahead was given for part 2

10. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty much everyone agrees that the combat is broken... or that the very idea of having combat in a game about evasion is borderline idiotic.

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Yes the getting shot at by helicopters bits were irritating but I loved the graphics and the animation and the skill required to get the moves right.

12. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a gimmick game that feels half-finished. The perception of depth and speed and movement is phenomenal, and it does have a unique concept, but it's just not fleshed out well.

13. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every movie of a video game has been crap. They should just leave them alone.

14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I liked Doom. I don't care what any of you say. I never saw the game and I liked the movie.

15. Lindley

The actual combat was minimal, though. I mean, you could try to fight your way through everyone, but in most situations you're better off just running for it.

I did appreciate the ability to steal weapons and take out some enemies with them, because it would have been seriously annoying to be left with no option except evasion.

In fact, there was one point when I grabbed a guy's assault rifle, ducked into the small room he came out of, spun around and dispatched three of those blue "anti-runners" in a row. Made that part of the map much easier, 'cause those blue guys were annoying as hell and impossible to fight on their own terms.

Prolonged fights were never something the game tried to force you to do, though. It gave you a few advantages if you got off a good kick or shot initially, but anything prolonged left you in bad shape.

16. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Try this: Faith

I absoltely LOVED this game. I don't care what anyone says. It is one of the best games I have ever played. Period. I can't wait for the sequel.

17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I got it for $20 and it was worth it. Short, but a lot of fun. The parts where you are trying to escape were the best, IMO, because it was a frantic search for the next place to jump/slip/grab. I actually wish that the next game offers a few free-roam maps so that you can have a place to play around and just run and see what kind of combos you can pull off.

18. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or maybe some side quests. That'd be great.

19. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I played the demo, and passed on the game. It was an interesting concept, but the execution left a lot to be desired, IMO. However, it's quite possible that the sequel could fix some of the original's flaws. There could be a phenominal game there.

20. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I pick it up with a buy 2 get 1 free and playing it for a half hour or so, that's it, never loaded it again.

I was very unimpressed.