Ok. What is the chance of a Picard spinoff?

All we know is that CBS/Paramount have made no official statement about another show other than SFA. "Legacy" is and always has been just Matalas's pipe dream that overactive fans have taken to be some sort of gospel. Does that mean that CBS/Paramount is not interested? Beats me, because like I said, they've mentioned nothing about it. If I had to guess, I'd say they have no intention of making a follow-up to PIC, because it's probably beyond their budget.

How many years has it taken to bring SFA to series? (It was first mentioned in 2018.)

Section 31 went from from series to streaming movie.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.

I led the campaign to bring the TV show Birds of Prey to DVD. We had our share of trolls too ("Give it up! Get a life! It's dead and buried! It'll never happen!")

It took us six years, but we did it. :techman: (NGL ... It nearly broke me. :() We not only got the show on DVD, but it's now available for streaming on Amazon Prime video:

Birds of Prey: The Complete Series. Check it out now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti...e5d-263552efbb7d&ref_=atv_dp_share_seas&r=web

We're the reason Huntress and Oracle appeared in the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths.

P+ knows we're here. The Legacy campaign has gotten attention in the Trek press.

Last edited:
Has that attention waned?

Prodigy was picked up but then what? The conversation waned. Are people going to talk it up on Netflix?

It might be a marathon but motion is still needed.

"Star Trek: Picard" Production Designer Dave Blass said:
Talking to a group of about 6 high level designers in the industry. The level of devastation caused by the Covid shutdown and now the strike is much greater than is being talked about. Doesn't sound like much is starting up till after the holidays as well. It's a slow roll.

https://twitter.com/DaveBlass/status/1729544392665395454?s=19

Last edited:
Given the difficulty with handling Trek not airing for several months it seems best to plan ahead for this process.

After all, all good things must come to an end.

Honestly, I think the most plausible worst-case scenario is that Paramount+ can't maintain a sufficient subscription base and gets shut down, but the Star Trek shows get deals to change to another streamer a la Prodigy.

Honestly, I think the most plausible worst-case scenario is that Paramount+ can't maintain a sufficient subscription base and gets shut down, but the Star Trek shows get deals to change to another streamer a la Prodigy.
Maybe. I think Prodigy's success on Netflix will impact how much is produced.

Of Prodigy, sure. But Star Trek has been too much of a perennial money-maker for it to stay on the shelf if Paramount+ folds even if Prodigy fails. Heck, the biggest reason DIS was started was that Netflix wanted Paramount to make a new ST show for them before Paramount decided they wanted to get into the streaming distribution game themselves.

Of Prodigy, sure. But Star Trek has been too much of a perennial money-maker for it to stay on the shelf if Paramount+ folds even if Prodigy fails. Heck, the biggest reason DIS was started was that Netflix wanted Paramount to make a new ST show for them before Paramount decided they wanted to get into the streaming distribution game themselves.
I mean, maybe. But my skepticism is way higher now.

The problem is, relying on the Netflix of it all -- Netflix is notorious for canceling shows that are popular after 3 seasons. They're as bad about canceling and removing shows and movies from their library as WBD/HBO Max are.

That's not even counting how Zaslav might be interested in buying Paramount, if that pushes through would be disastrous to Star Trek franchise since Zaslav proved time and again, that he doesn't care for entire movies or TV shows, whether good or bad as long as he can do a tax write off. Or sell them off by parts.

The problem is, relying on the Netflix of it all -- Netflix is notorious for canceling shows that are popular after 3 seasons. They're as bad about canceling and removing shows and movies from their library as WBD/HBO Max are.

That's not even counting how Zaslav might be interested in buying Paramount, if that pushes through would be disastrous to Star Trek franchise since Zaslav proved time and again, that he doesn't care for entire movies or TV shows, whether good or bad as long as he can do a tax write off. Or sell them off by parts.

Disney is having enough trouble marrying Disney, Marvel, and Fox.

Unlike Disney and Comcast NBCUniversal, WBD doesn't have theme parks where they can promote their stuff. :shifty:

It's had a grand total of 20 episodes across two seasons.

SNW is due to resume production in January (giving it a total of 30 eps).

I can't see P+ pulling a Disco and cancelling SNW after S3. They might give it one more season after that to wrap things up (Five seasons is pushing it.)

Last edited:
Disney is having enough trouble marrying Disney, Marvel, and Fox.

Unlike Disney and Comcast NBCUniversal, WBD doesn't have theme parks where they can promote their stuff. :shifty:

SNW is due to resume production in January (giving it a total of 30 eps).

I can't see P+ pulling a Disco and cancelling SNW after S3. They might give it one more season after that to wrap things up (Five seasons is pushing it.)

My guess is still five.

Back