OGAM, where are you?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by spocksbrain, Sep 5, 2007.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Eh, it'll come out when it comes out. I see no reason to sit here and constantly click "refresh" in the hopes it has somehow magically been posted, simply because I'm impatient.

2. Trekwatcher

Trekwatcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the world of fan films has taught us anything, it is that there is no point in holding your breath for these things-if they ever get done they will be released for all to see. Plenty of them never get off the ground, too.

3. ozgood1701

ozgood1701 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am Thinking OGAM may never see the light of day. New Voyages and the Hidden Frontiers people have released a lot of material in the time OGAM guys have been doing their project. Even Exeter with their noted slow release time have gotten material to my computer screen before OGAM. Their could be a few reasons for this

1) The have some real perfectionists on the crew who are trying to get maximum bang for the buck and won't release it until it is the perfect Star Trek experience. (I hope this is the reason)
    2)these guys are just swamped with other things (seeing many are professionals in Hollywood) and don't have the time they need to do the project.
    3) they ran out of money and are to embarrassed to say.
    4) shopping for a sweetheart deal with CBS/Paramount. If the deal does not go through the project may never see the light of my computer screen (This is what I think may be happening )

4. GothTrek

GothTrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

ozgood. Your reason # 1 is the correct answer, but then we've said that before. No deals with Paramount going on here.

Money? You mean there was money to be had? Damn I hate when I miss these boats...

PC
    AP
    STOGAM

5. ozgood1701

Maybe if Mr. Russ had not opened his mouth about wanting a deal with CBS/Paramount then maybe all of this negative talk on OGAM would not be going on.
    They may have the best fan produced project going if you believe the hype and the trailer but it does not mean a thing if no one sees it.
    My best advice is simple if you want to keep the fans interested set a date and keep it and release part one. If it is that good the fans will wait for the rest.

6. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Damn. I thought for sure that would work.

7. GothTrek

GothTrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I think that the producer already put out a disclaimer through our site moderator, Fleetlord about Tim's mis-statement. I think that Tim was just mis-quoted in that article. Tim has told me that he thinks it deserves to be picked up, but never about any deals that the producer is trying to work out. To be honest, Tim doesn't have enough control over the project to be able to work a deal like that without Sky's direct involvement, so that's why I beleive that Tim was mis-quoted.

We are about to set a release date that will be a lot closer than some beleive. Well, we HAVE a date, but I can't give it until the producr gives the green light.

But I CAN tell you that it is VERY close.

As far as negative talk about STOGAM, it was going on LONG before Tim's little interview with a volunteer contributor to the Houston Chronicle's blog. But, that's okay. Debate is a healthy thing and this hype (even though negative) has brought even more attention to the film. We are however trying to meet the fans desires and get this out as soon as we can, but also as BEST we can.

It is hard to get things done in a timely manner when ALL the key players (as all FF makers can attest to) are volunteering their blood sweat and tears around thier work schedules and most of our families are losing out because of it. Fortunately, we all have fanilies who understand our passions.

Peter Christian
    Visual Effects Producer
    STOGAM

8. ozgood1701

Thanks for the info Gothtrek some hope and information is better then none. But seeing is believing, when I can sit and watch OGAM on my computer screen then I will believe it.

9. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Thanks for the encouraging news GothTrek. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing it and still have confidence that I will. Soon.

10. Thalek

Thalek Captain Captain

Thanks for the info, GothTrek. Yes, pretty much every fan film maker out there knows what it's like to create a working schedule for people who have other work to do.

I know I've done more than my share of complaining about how schedules are set at Areakt Productions, but I think I would have complained the louder if I'd been the guy stuck with the job of creating those schedules. [wry smile]

Best of luck on your project.

11. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    I agree.

It's kinda become this joke now in the fan community. The catch 22 it has also now is that if it ever DOES get released, it is going to have to be bigger than Ben Hur and more monumental than anything we have ever seen before, just to get over the bad publicity it has generated for itself.

This thing is now doomed before a single kilobyte has been broadcast to the increasingly cynical fanbase.

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Well, I wouldn't say doomed. A little bit of a rough ride? Maybe, but doomed? Certainly not. While I am losing interest in waiting for OGAM (particularly after the slam-bang of New Voyages Weat and Exeter Act III), I think it will do okay, and eventually I'll watch it too. After all, making a film takes some serious hard work put in by the cast and crew. I'm definitely not against the show, just more of a neutral. I just hope the cast and crew get the credit they deserve once it is released. I do expect good things from OGAM. Once more, we'll just have to wait.

-J.

13. nostradamus

nostradamus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am sure it is ready since April but they ruined it trying to find a way to make money from it. They are still trying to do this - this far unsuccessfully though ...

14. Sec31Mike

Sec31Mike Commander Red Shirt

There's no way CBS/Paramount is going to let them make 1 penny from that project. As soon as they do, it will have the effect of making it canon.

They should just release it and take the praise for the project. Anything else just makes the producers seem greedy, primadonna-ish, and insincere to the fans.

I personally can wait if there are production or effects issues to be worked out, not if they are trying to make money from it. People have already been waiting a considerable amount of time for this to come out, not to mention the press they have gotten from many reputable outlets including the OFFICIAL Star Trek magazine.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

NO this is not the case, the film needed a ton of work this summer. The only unfinished parts that remain is some CGI shots for part 3, once we gauge the timeframe on that we can schedule all 3 parts for release. I't been a bumpy road for sure, but we have had a few new people come onboard and help us through this.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No it won't. The two things have nothing to do with one another either practically or conceptually.

Paramount's made quite a bit of coin from the "Star Trek" animated series without treating it as canon.

17. Sec31Mike

Fandom has treated it as canon almost since it's inception, and many quotes from that have indeed found their way into canon. Anything with the CBS logo and Star Trek stamped on it will effectively be canon. Excepting the known non-canons like games, comics, and novels.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just jumped the tracks. No one was discussing what fandom thinks of anything - you asserted that OGAM would be considered canon if the studio permitted it to make money. That's completely incorrect, as well as having nothing whatsoever to do with what "fandom" considers canon.

You made an assertion about how something comes to be "canon" that's neither true nor sensible.

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Does this mean then that the Voyager skit with the cast of Frasier is canon? Because I loved Marty as an engineer! :lol:

20. Sec31Mike

Hey UWC,

How about including my entire post in your quote. You are taking a small section of my post and taking it out of context.

Even the CBS/Paramount people cannot entirely discard TAS as some of the material has been reinforced in canon.

Anyway a Star Trek motion picture doesn't fall within the licensing/merchandising realm. It's not like an action figure that can be ignored. It will be an officially stamped movie, I don't see how they could separate it from canon.