• Michael

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • The Orange Monster / Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael

Good Bad Influence
Another month, another Fan Art forum challenge! October was the month for all kinds of Star Trek holidays. Four artists have entered the contest, each one celebrating in their own unique way. Please take a moment, have a look at the entries and vote for your favorite piece of art in the poll above. Thank you!

As usual, please click on the thumbnails to view the entries in their full eye-popping glory. :eek:

@Cyfa

@marsh8472

@Michael

@The Orange Monster / @Finn

Cyfa's pic reminds me of that game they played in Ent "Desert Crossing":

YZp5jbR.jpg

Thanks for another win! Although this is getting kind of embarrassing, to be honest. :o Plus, I'm running out of ideas for new themes. :lol: Will think about it, though, and post the new thread then.

I voted @Cyfa, too, by the way. Would have loved to see your entry win this.

Art is all about a matter of taste, would be terrible if we all had the same taste.
That said the voting on here has always surprised me.
This is not to knock anyones efforts, its more indicative of what it seems the members want from art.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Is this again about your believe that people rather vote the poster than the entry? Sounds like you are making it much more complicated than it actually is. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people voting in these polls don't really care about the people behind the art and just have a quick glance over the entries to click the one they like best. What makes you think this is some kind of popularity contest?

I am giving my own opinion which I am entitled to do.
What makes you think anyone wants to stop you from doing that? Because I certainly don't. :)

I think this must be a misunderstanding, because I'm not really trying to reproach you or anything. It's just as I said: I was not sure what you were trying to say. And that's why I asked. I was reminded of the conversation we had a few months ago, where you basically said that you believe people are voting the member as opposed to the artwork and thought that that's what you meant.

Thanks for your clarification, though. Personally, I actually vote by the same principal more or less: I tend to assess the idea and the concept of an entry and less the particular artistic implementation of it. Of course, when you have artistic craftsmanship on top of an intriguing concept, it's even better (like with @Cyfa's entry).

@Michael and @gazomg - thank you for the votes, and the kind words about my entry. And I'm glad that you've resolved the minor misunderstanding - text is a terror for being read the wrong way. Pesky words... ;)

At first I thought there was an argument about a conspiracy relating to my great artwork not winning. It was just something I made with my laptop and touchpad quick :) the little picards are copy and pasted smaller/rotated/resized versions of the bigger picard.

Back