Contest: VOTE October 2017 Art Challenge — Final Poll

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2017.

?

October 2017 Art Challenge — “Celebrate good times, come on!”

Poll closed Nov 3, 2017.
  1. Cyfa

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. marsh8472

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Michael

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  4. The Orange Monster / Finn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Another month, another Fan Art forum challenge! October was the month for all kinds of Star Trek holidays. Four artists have entered the contest, each one celebrating in their own unique way. Please take a moment, have a look at the entries and vote for your favorite piece of art in the poll above. Thank you!

As usual, please click on the thumbnails to view the entries in their full eye-popping glory. :eek:

[​IMG]
    @Cyfa

[​IMG]
    @marsh8472

[​IMG]
    @Michael

[​IMG]
    @The Orange Monster / @Finn

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Voted.

You realize I was making a joke with that coffee mug? Right? :lol:

No wonder I got no votes. :lol:

Cyfa, Michael and somebuddyX like this.
  3. Michael

:lol: Sorry, I must admit I didn't realize that, no. At least it wasn't obvious to me. It is a neat idea and I hope you don't mind its inclusion in the voting.

4. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cyfa's pic reminds me of that game they played in Ent "Desert Crossing":

[​IMG]

5. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

- Hey, yeah, it does!
    Drat! I could have had a greased-up naked Trip Tucker running around with those Vulcans... :adore::devil:

6. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

Thanks, @gazomg :), but another well deserved win from Michael. Congratulations, @Michael !

7. Michael

Thanks for another win! Although this is getting kind of embarrassing, to be honest. :o Plus, I'm running out of ideas for new themes. :lol: Will think about it, though, and post the new thread then.

I voted @Cyfa, too, by the way. Would have loved to see your entry win this.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Is this again about your believe that people rather vote the poster than the entry? Sounds like you are making it much more complicated than it actually is. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people voting in these polls don't really care about the people behind the art and just have a quick glance over the entries to click the one they like best. What makes you think this is some kind of popularity contest?

8. Michael

9. Michael

What makes you think anyone wants to stop you from doing that? Because I certainly don't. :)

I think this must be a misunderstanding, because I'm not really trying to reproach you or anything. It's just as I said: I was not sure what you were trying to say. And that's why I asked. I was reminded of the conversation we had a few months ago, where you basically said that you believe people are voting the member as opposed to the artwork and thought that that's what you meant.

Thanks for your clarification, though. Personally, I actually vote by the same principal more or less: I tend to assess the idea and the concept of an entry and less the particular artistic implementation of it. Of course, when you have artistic craftsmanship on top of an intriguing concept, it's even better (like with @Cyfa's entry).

10. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

@Michael and @gazomg - thank you for the votes, and the kind words about my entry. And I'm glad that you've resolved the minor misunderstanding - text is a terror for being read the wrong way. Pesky words... ;)

Michael likes this.
  11. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At first I thought there was an argument about a conspiracy relating to my great artwork not winning. It was just something I made with my laptop and touchpad quick :) the little picards are copy and pasted smaller/rotated/resized versions of the bigger picard.